Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil In Jar

neonbright

Hey I am just wondering if anyone has use this one in the jar. I tried it out on both my daughter hair and my hair, our hair are totally different types. Her scalp is not dry anymore and growing faster, my hair is not weighed down, flowing and growing fast also.

Ingredients: Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamine E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil), Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragance.

Just so many products out there and now.

Ive seen this in the BSS and contemplated buying it.... but I passed on it, because of the paraben.

But it sounds like its doing great things for you and your little girl, which is really cool! I do use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil.... I hope to thicken up my strands a bit. So hopefully that works out.

Keep us posted on how the HBCO continues to go for you!

neonbright said:
Hey I am just wondering if anyone has use this one in the jar. I tried it out on both my daughter hair and my hair, our hair are totally different types. Her scalp is not dry anymore and growing faster, my hair is not weighed down, flowing and growing fast also.

Ingredients: Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamine E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil), Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragance.

Hey Neonbright it s really nice! :D i have used it for the past year and
it s one of my 4 staple greases with Hollywood Beauty super gro the herbal one I adoorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre them:p
http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/my_products_and_vitamins/pict0524.html
i recently discovered blue magic grease i loooove it and use it for now and i also use the bronners b&b grease.

neonbright said:

Okay, how are you using it on your daughter's hair. Is it on her scalp or on the hair, too?

ekomba said:
Hey Neonbright it s really nice! :D i have used it for the past year and
it s one of my 4 staple greases with Hollywood Beauty super gro the herbal one I adoorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre them:p
http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/my_products_and_vitamins/pict0524.html
i recently discovered blue magic grease i loooove it and use it for now and i also use the bronners b&b grease.

Well, shoot. If you are using it on that gorgeous hair of yours, then I'm off to the store right now.

Where my keys at????

I actually like it. A little goes a long way.

I have used it on my natural hair when it's wet to smooth down my hair for buns and other non afro styles, and I have used it on my pressed hair.

I have used it on my twists to keep them moisturized and soft. .

rosie said:
Okay, how are you using it on your daughter's hair. Is it on her scalp or on the hair, too?

This is the only product I use the same of both of our hair, since her hair is totally different from mines. I use both on the scanp and some on the hair, the only difference is on her hair I use ORS Carrot Oil Cream on it also, it love it in the natural state...

scribblescrabble2 said:
I found that it was thick, sticky and it never absorbed into my hair. I didn't like this one at all.

Me too. It felt the same way. Plus i had the impression that it left like a white flakes in my hair and it left a weird odor after :confused:

At first when i purhcased the Hollywood products i was happy cause of the big amount i get for a small price. I didnt like the Olive oil and the carrot creme. I did love their Castor oil! :)

if you put this on your scalp a couple of times a week while you have senegalese twists in your hair, is this enough moisture, too little, or would that be too heavy for twists.

I use it sometimes when putting my hair back in a ponytail. It's really thick, so sometimes i don't need gel to hold my hair back. But i like the consistency, I just can't use it for everything.

I don't use it as a moisitrizer--but moreso as a sealant i guess.

i moisturize my DD hair w/ ORS olive oil and then apply this lightly and her hair looks great. she gets tons of compliments on her hair. works better for sealing in moisture on her than an oil. (she is natural)

Thanks Western, ayoung, and priestess for your replies. I purchased this today but I returned it when I saw the grease-like consistency. I figured it would be too much for my fine hair. I got BB Moisturizing Growth Lotion instead.

I've been using this faithfully on my dd hair since she was 1. Now we use it in conjunction with baby buttercreme. The HBCO works great on her scalp and mine. Its a definite keeper.

I have the one in the jar and the bottle. I used both on my relaxed hair but haven't tried it on my natural hair bc of ingredients paranoia. May need to give this a try since my hair is dry. I always did love the smell!

Hey HHG^^^ Pls loan that sweet little girl to me. I used to be an ingredient snob too - but my ends are THIRSTY, and all the natural oils in the world were not cutting it. Now I take a dab of real CO and add a little grease and my ends are like, "Thank you", lol

SS, you're the best! (insert corny cheer here). Ingredient snob, I like it. You need to make a Conversational Guide to LHCF. I'm going to give it a try, my hair is looking tore up and I don't care what's in it, as long as my hair looks/feels better I'm going to use it!

I used this on my edges for a couple of months. I was trying to fill in a thin patch. I haven't seen any improvement but I'm gonna finish up the tub before I declare victory or defeat.

I've seen so many great reviews about this product on YouTube I really want to try it, is anyone still using it?

I've seen so many great reviews about this product on YouTube I really want to try it, is anyone still using it?

Yes, I still use it. I find it to be a light grease w/ a pleasant scent. And as the others have said, a little goes a long way.

Back