HOLLA if you're trying to get out of a hair RUT!

Sistaslick said:
*sets up a tent and bon fire in Simplycee's album to keep warm.... anxiously awaiting those updates*:lachen:

Lol! I'm telling you if I don't see some significant progress I am gonna lose it! My new growth is so thick I can't even feel my scalp when I part my hair. I promise I will post pics, though!

cminter said:
LAdies, Ladies, ladies... I am so discouraged right now. I am doing the right things, so I think. But I got a relaxer last weekend after seven weeks of stretching and a lot of my hair ended up in sink. I have one inch length spots all through my head. Major breakage. I did not notice until I arrived at home and I was admiring myself in the mirror. I was so upset I cried. My ends are so thin. I am on a journey. I can not give up. I will not give up on my efforts nor my hair. So let's all hang in there.

I would try stretching a little bit long that 7 weeks and deep conditioning. Don't worry, your 1 inch spot will recover. Oh yea, try a protein treatment.

ahh i feel like quiting on my hair, 3 month of stretching and only 1 inch of NG. On top of that it is a nightmare to detangle. I used MNT detangler and a shower comb yesterday and it took me 1.5 hours. I feel like cutting it off. AHHHHHHH. Ok maybe not cutting it off, I want to relax and stop wearing protective styles. I am tired of them and tired of my hair. I just want it to be more managable and less time consuming. AHHHH, sorry I just had to rant.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I've hit rock bottom with this hair thing. Better yet........ I think I am actually looking up at rock bottom:ohwell:

My last relaxer was on 11/11/05. And right now I am in week 13 of my relaxer stretch and my next relaxer isn't until April 1st. I've been bunning everyday and surging 2x a day for the last week. I am also using MTG. My hair is just resting on my back. I just wished that I could get to shoulder length right now. I seems like it is taking forever. Maybe what I need to do is take a break form this whole hair thing. I am on this forum everyday and I also look over and critique my hair every night:ohwell: I think I am just gonna get my hair braided for the rest of my stretch. That way I will give my hair a break.

I feel the same way !! I'm so frustrated right now ! My hair grows quite fast but my ends keep giving me a hard time !! I had to do an aggressive trim last december. I felt that all the progress I did in 2005 was lost ! I can't seem to retain lenght !
I'm also struggling when it comes to styling my hair. I've tried braidouts, twistouts, bantu knots and I always end up in a bun because they never look quite right !
Sometimes I'm like, why do I try growing out my hair, if it doesn't look fly !
I really need to do something about it !

I'm definitely in a hair rut. My hair has been hovering around the same length for almost a year. When I went home for the holidays, everyone commented on my hair growth, but I don't see it. Also, my hair is growing at a snail's pace right now. I'm entering my fourth week post-relaxer and my new growth must be taking a vacation. I hope my summer growth spurt will make a difference. I am now hovering at APL in the very back (my hair has a sharp "v" shape). I know that braids are the way to go right now to accumulate growth without damage, but they cost too much money where I'm living now. To add insult to injury, I just recovered from two weeks of breakage that has left me with thinner hair and some short spots. It's not too severe or noticeable to others, but it's frustrating for me. I want to wear braids for six months and then go from there.

maryj1584 said:
ahh i feel like quiting on my hair, 3 month of stretching and only 1 inch of NG. On top of that it is a nightmare to detangle. I used MNT detangler and a shower comb yesterday and it took me 1.5 hours. I feel like cutting it off. AHHHHHHH. Ok maybe not cutting it off, I want to relax and stop wearing protective styles. I am tired of them and tired of my hair. I just want it to be more managable and less time consuming. AHHHH, sorry I just had to rant.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't apologize Maryj, we all have to rant sometime. Don't quit, alot of us (myself included) have slow growing hair. Actually your growth isn't THAT bad, as many of us get 1/4 inch per month, so that means only 3/4 in one month. Are you nautral, relaxed or texturized?

Okay ladies, lets start anew. Sandysea mentioned braids--many are currently on the Crown and Glory challenge--I'm sure there's alot of encouragement and tips going on among those in that challenge.

I'm considering this too, as my hair really does well in braids. My challenge is to find a healthy hair braider and not a follicle ripper.

Lovelyness and others mentioned problems with ends. Although we all hate major trims--as I can attest, somtimes thy are the only way to get the strands back on track.

PLease post any new regimens or tips to starting fresh and getting moving.

Back