Holiday Weave Maintenance!

Louisex3

Hey ladies, so getting a weave for my holiday to Bulgaria 1st - 9th of July.
I've decided that taking care of my hair away from home, especially as i'll be inebriated for a lot of the time, was a baaad idea.
any holiday dos or dont's?

things i should take?
useful tips??

i was wondering also if i can swim in the sea or the pool? i thought maybe its a bad idea as i was planning to get a full head sew-in.

thanks in advance!
any feedback appreciated xo

Take a spray for your cornrows, shampoo and conditioner for if/when you go swimming its not for too long so you should be good with those. BTW BHM has a lot more info on weaves/care etc than over here so check out their weave section. The relaxed heads are barely surviving:lol:

bummmppp,
this is an old post from last year, buuuutt, i'm off to egypt now in 2 weeks! :D
i avoided the pool like the plague in bulgaria lol
Just wondering if i can actually get all of my head wet in the sea/pool with a full sew in?
and any other maintenance tips would be greatly appreciated :)

You can fully submerge your head depending on the quality of hair have. Some hair will tangle on you and some wont. I had a friend go with me on vacation and we both had in a sew in. When she came out the water we had to cut the weave out her head while mine was fine. My suggestion is to put a few braids in prior to getting in the water.

As far as taking care of your natural hair. I would suggest using an applicator bottle. You can dilate shampoo in the bottle and the squirt the braids under your weave and wash it that way after you get out the water. You can do the same with conditioner. And you can use the squirt bottle with your favorite moisturizer as well. Just make sure your braids fully dry underneath as well.

JaiRox thank you!
Did you have any damage to your natural hair after going in the swimmingp pool?
Scared the chlorine;s gunna damage my hair

Thanks for the minimal reply ladies -_-

went for a weave, got an applicator bottle for conditioner/shampoo
may indulge in the sea, but still frightened of the pool!

I never see the mentions from my phone. I rarely get on from the computer. Sorry for the delay!

No damage from the pool. Just ensure you wash directly after getting out the water. Clarifying your hair after would be good.

Back