Hola a Todos! I'm New 'Round These Parts!

MelodicVessel

Hello Everyone! I have been lurking and learning for a looooong time. I finally paid my little $6.50 on Labor Day. You ladies have taught me so much! My hair has been through many dangers, toils and snares, but I'm a little past shoulder length and it's growing... it's really growing!

My last relaxer was 9/30/06. I wish I would have learned how to properly transition, but oh well. I just chopped off the increasingly thinning relaxed ends a little at a time. If I knew then what I know now...:rolleyes:

In April 2008, I just HAD to have highlights and I went to a stylist with natural hair, thinking she would be knowledgeable concerning my neck length (at the time) hair. WRONG! Not only did she lift my color way too much, she used oven irons and burnt my hair straight. So I endured a setback and I am still babying those highlighted ends :wallbash:

We live and we learn, right?!

Glad to be here!:hiya2:

Welcome, sorry to hear about your setback, your highlights do look lovely though. You're in the right place to nurse your hair back to health. HHG

:) welcome ! another henna lover, i see.we are takin over lol . is your color from henna ?

Last edited:
Welcome! I love your curlformer results! What products and size curlformers did you use?

Thank you! I used the "Salon Kit" that has 40 Long & Wide and 6 Short & Wide curlfomers (my hair is too long for the short ones now:woot:). They are pink and yellow. I'm not sure about which poo or condish, but I probably used the Hydratherma Naturals Leave-In and I definitely used LOTS of extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO) I wanted my hair to slip straight through the curlformers and the Nutiva Organic EVCO does the trick for me. Also, I probably used John Frieda Super Strength Frizz Ease. This was before I got hip to Sabino Moisture Block (SMB), although I think SMB only works well for me when I flat iron. HTH!

ETA: Love your siggy pic, natstar. May my protective style be as pretty as yours one day. My buns look so homely, even with my scarves I try to jazz them up with. YOURS IS LOVELY!

Last edited:
:) welcome ! another henna lover, i see.we are takin over lol . is your color from henna ?

Thank you!

Actually, that color in the back is from my highlighting fiasco back in April 2008. I have only henna'd one time. I thought I only needed one pack (what was I thinking?!) so when I saw I was quickly running out of henna, I concentrated on my roots (I have premature graying and my primary concern was to COVER THE GRAY).

But my hair is washed and drying as I type and I am prepping 4 little 80 gram packs of Nupur Henna right now:woot:. I will NOT run out! So my highlights will probably be "reddened" en la manana!

But you didn't ask all that, did you?:lachen:
The short answer to your original question is "nope".

BTW, your hair is sooooooo purrdy! :yep:

Back