Hmmm Sponge Rollers???

leona2025

Well I'm getting sick of my hair. I'm not that good with the styling and I'm kinda tired of wearing it straight. I want to have like a super big curly hair and then push it back with a head band. I bought sponge rollers today. Anyone have pictures of what curls with sponge rollers look like?

I have some in my hair and they hurt the heck out of my head i guess my scarf on to tight i have the pink eye these rollers makin it worse.

I have some in my hair and they hurt the heck out of my head i guess my scarf on to tight i have the pink eye these rollers makin it worse.

Girl I thought they might be easy to sleep in since they were soft. I sprang a muscle in my neck the same day I roller set with magnetic rollers, could not sleep.:wallbash:

Hey girl :) I live for some sponge rollers. I love them! I still stink at rollersetting, so I still use them. Plus, even when my hair has curls after a rollerset or w/e, it just doesn't work for me to "pineapple" my hair, I need to roll them ends, and that's when my sponge rollers come into play. My siggy was a messed-up rollerset, which I flat-ironed, and put in about 15 satin-covered sponge rollers for 3 hours. Hope that helps!

P.S. The trick is to make sure that your hair is smooth on the ends when rolling, or else it will come out bushy. Moisturize the ends well and you should be ok.

Edit: Here's another pic. I did this like a month after joining LHCF. My hair was wet, I put it in a ponytail and used satin-covered sponge rollers. Took FOREVER to dry. In fact, it still wasn't completely dry 24 hours later when I took the pic:

DSC00059-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey girl :) I live for some sponge rollers. I love them! I still stink at rollersetting, so I still use them. Plus, even when my hair has curls after a rollerset or w/e, it just doesn't work for me to "pineapple" my hair, I need to roll them ends, and that's when my sponge rollers come into play. My siggy was a messed-up rollerset, which I flat-ironed, and put in about 15 satin-covered sponge rollers for 3 hours. Hope that helps!

P.S. The trick is to make sure that your hair is smooth on the ends when rolling, or else it will come out bushy. Moisturize the ends well and you should be ok.

Edit: Here's another pic. I did this like a month after joining LHCF. My hair was wet, I put it in a ponytail and used satin-covered sponge rollers. Took FOREVER to dry. In fact, it still wasn't completely dry 24 hours later when I took the pic:

DSC00059-1.jpg

This might be my new thing to do. I tested them out on a pillow seemed easy to sleep with. I'm rolling on dry hair. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Back