hiya everybody!!!!!!! Im new

jasmine

ok my name is jasmine and im new to the boards.ive been looking through the site and man is it getting addictive.lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif my hair is pretty jacked up now. i have some parts of my hair overprocessed, underprocessed and like an inch of new growth. currently im wearin cornrows with my hair and i ve come up with a new routine tell me if yall think its ok

-cornrow once a week
-hot oil treatment with some african royale 6 oil
-creme of nature shampoo and cholesterol conditioner for 10 min
-infusium 23 leave in conditioner
and oil my hair will its wet and braid it.
every night wrap it up in a satin scarf

im also considering taking biotin pills along with prenatal vitamns as advised by miss aphrodiva (hey girl);) /images/graemlins/wave.gif
i got this basically from the crown and glory techniques but i think some what she does is overkill so i simplified it. what do yall think?

I think its a great way to start. Sometimes we try to do too much at once and burn out. Your routine looks great. Keep us updated on your progress, and may i suggest keeping a "hair journal" and writing down what you do, what you use, and what the results were.
This will help you if your routine needs fine-tuning.

Hi Jasmine,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Your routine looks good. Add a protein treatment, done once a month, to add strength to your hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello Jasmine and welcome to the board!

It seems you have a good regime going now. Cornrows will definitely protect the hair and help you attain more length. I agree with Pebbles who said to add the protein conditioner.

I would also suggest you sit a little longer with the deep conditioner (about 20-30 minutes). If you have time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ok thxs for responding!!!!!! do any of yall have a suggestion for a good and cheap protein conditioner?

carmen, the reason i dont wanna leave a conditione on for 30 min is cuz im scared to do that from last time. i left the conditioner on for that long and my hair felt hard and stiff.

Welcome! I think you got a great routine started. You will probably start noticing a difference in your hair quickly if you stick to this routine for a while. Sounds like it'll give your hair a rest. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

gabrielle_union.jpg

Hello Jasmine:

Welcome! /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

You'll love it here! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome Jasmine! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Your routine and the great advice on this board will have your hair back up to speed in no time!!

hey newbie /images/graemlins/wave.gif i kno what u mean about this bein addictive /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
p.s. hope to be exchangin a lot of info on hair together /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
jasmine said:
ok thxs for responding!!!!!! do any of yall have a suggestion for a good and cheap protein conditioner?

carmen, the reason i dont wanna leave a conditione on for 30 min is cuz im scared to do that from last time. i left the conditioner on for that long and my hair felt hard and stiff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the board Jasmine /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I agree that your regime looks good for a start. I cannot emphasize enough what Umsumyyah said about writing things down. This will help you sooo much in the long run. Also, if you're using a good moisturizing conditioner, you won't have to worry about it hardeing your hair. Good luck on your hair journey.

Hi Jasmine, welcome to the board. Your routine sounds pretty good. With the tips and advice from this board your hair will be in good shape in no time.

welcome, jazzy jasmine! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

your regime is good because it's simple. the simpler, the easier it is to stick to. so, good for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

if your conditioner makes your hair hard from more heat, it's probably not the right one for you or not right for how you're using it. try something like Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek. many of the ladies here have had good luck with it, and the price is reasonable.

i use a few different protein conditioners, but Aubrey GPB is my favorite one. you can get it from stores like Whole Foods.

adrienne

Hey Jasmine /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Sounds like you are on the right track already. Welcome to the board.

Back