Hisandhers.com French Refined Weave (Puuurrty)

Smiley79

Has anyone ordered from them before (better yet, has anyone ordered that type hair before?) It looks really nice and I'm tempted to use that for my next sew-in. I have never ordered hair online; I hate ordering anything online (I'm impatient and I want to feel the product) Anyways, Check out the link and tell me what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8nn2nkxKG4

Very nice! Hisandher is definitely reputable. My stylist in Charlotte was a fan of their hair and there's at least one member here that bought there lace front wig, Amber. Gorgeous!

YES!!!!! That was my signature hair. I LOVEEEEE the French Refined in the 50% mink. When you get it, it come straight with a slight bodywave pattern to it. But gurl, when you wet it...it is OFF THE HOOK!!!! I got tons of compliments on that hair. When I was wearing weaves, that is where I would order from and that is the only hair I used. If you decide to go with it, get the 50% italian mink. You won't regret it. I love the fact that you can wear it straight with the bodywave and curly. Once you wet it, you really do not need to add additional product to it to make it curly. Just water and let it air dry. Use what they recommend. Seriously. Otherwise, you will have product buildup and the results will be horrid. That is with any curly hair you get from any weave company.

However, get someone to put it in who knows what their doing.....that hair is too expensive to let Laqueisha from round da way put it in...trust me. And the weft of the weave is thin so make sure your cornrows are small so you weave will lay flat. And puleez do not get the dreaded beehive cornrow as your base.....

JerseyGirl, you got me crackin up. I think it looks really nice. Did you buy two packs? And if so, was that enough for a full look, I love fullness. I'm trying to find a quality yet affordable vendor for some versatile hair. I'm surfing at Halley's right now...the have a sale going on.

JerseyGirl, you got me crackin up. I think it looks really nice. Did you buy two packs? And if so, was that enough for a full look, I love fullness. I'm trying to find a quality yet affordable vendor for some versatile hair. I'm surfing at Halley's right now...the have a sale going on.

I use to order the 2 packs of the French Refined 50% italian mink in 14 inches. I noticed too that the hair from the west coast 14 inches is longer than the east coast 14 inches...I don't know why... but on me, the 14 inches from His and Her was literally down my back..waaay past arm pit length...

Hmm, now I could be wrong but I think that's the hair I once bought in 50% mink that made me look like I was straight out the 80's. I've been too embarrassed to post pics, but it was "french" something "refined"... I think that was it. I tried spritzing it with Hawaiian Silky to see if I could maybe get a wet and wavy look from it, but I didn't succeed.

Instead, for years I've been getting their Kinky Straight hair. The best will always be the 50% mink. People couldn't tell it wasn't my hair until I told them. It matched my natural pressed hair to the "T".

TIP: Never get the "regular" type hair from His & Her Hair unless you only intend to wear the hair for a week with no direct heat. It will turn into a rat's nest faster than you think.

if you go on BHM alot of ladies rave about:

Halleys
Indique
Bella Noire
Extensions plus
Laniks
Wagmans

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=168231

Heres a thread that they created for best 2009 Hair vendors. The ladies have reviews from their customer service to the quality of the hair.

I just saw one lady post this on giving advice to one girl on BHM that was debatin about the price of EP because i have some EP that i have yet to use also but i remember i was going to go this one stylist that does hair also from home and wanted to use EP im glad i didnt still have my stash of EP too.... she said something like don't let your stylist butcher the hair. Basically meaning dont let them cut the wefts everytime they install. If you get quality hair, get a quality stylist. Which does make sense and now i can fully understand her statement.

Last edited:
Kinda OT: That stylists hair curling technique is off the hook.. he makes me wanna buy a marcel iron :look:

The hair looks very nice

Yea, I'm really thinking about it. But I went on Halley's site, and they're having a really good sale now. Decisions. Decisions!!! lol

Hmm, now I could be wrong but I think that's the hair I once bought in 50% mink that made me look like I was straight out the 80's. I've been too embarrassed to post pics, but it was "french" something "refined"... I think that was it. I tried spritzing it with Hawaiian Silky to see if I could maybe get a wet and wavy look from it, but I didn't succeed.

Instead, for years I've been getting their Kinky Straight hair. The best will always be the 50% mink. People couldn't tell it wasn't my hair until I told them. It matched my natural pressed hair to the "T".

TIP: Never get the "regular" type hair from His & Her Hair unless you only intend to wear the hair for a week with no direct heat. It will turn into a rat's nest faster than you think.

Really? I've never gotten the mink or Italian because I don't like the silky look as it is very different from my own hair. I have bought the Kinky Straight and the Water Wave and they've both lasted me at least 2 years and were still usable when I took them out. Mind you I don't use any product on my hair when wearing extensions. Also I might be off base here coz I am talking about braid extension hair and you're all talking about weaves.

*Nonie tiptoes out of thread quietly....*

Oh and if anyone's interested, I was using heat on the extension hair every now and then for style variation and the hair survived.

ETA pics: Freshly done 2003 and then same hair (braid-out on braids) 2005. Same hair again 2005 (pressed straight with curve at ends)

I love, love, love hisandher.com

Last edited:
I remember checking out that same video before ordering some French Refined through Lugo's! It's some really pretty hair. It wasn't my favorite, but it was pretty. I've never ordered anything through hisandhers.com.

Oh, and i have Lugo's down here in Miami; maybe I should go there and touch and feel the hair for myself. I didn't know that they carried that type hair. thanks Mo96. I'm looking for curls like ALicia Keys or Solange. I need to dig up some pics.

Oh, and i have Lugo's down here in Miami; maybe I should go there and touch and feel the hair for myself. I didn't know that they carried that type hair. thanks Mo96. I'm looking for curls like ALicia Keys or Solange. I need to dig up some pics.

Good luck with that! :-) The french refined is more wavy than curly. I have a few pics in my fotki as well if you want to check them out.

hisandher is my favorite. its all ive ever used. ive never gotten the french refined though. I just got the natural perm straight 50% italian mink. it never tangles...i would just comb it once daily and thats it. It doesnt shed either.

Im pretty sure you'll love it.

Back