Highsiding Friend

Scasey

How do you address issues with a friend that embellishes things i.e. the person lives in one city but they tell people that they live in another--the person may say they live in San Francisco when in fact they actually live in Oakland to impress others. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but why would one feel the need to exxagerate? I think this indivdual has self-esteem issues and hints about his accomplishments/things to make up for what he doesn't have. I want this friend to know that he doesn't have to do this to impress me in the nicest way possible.

What is the best way to handle this situation?

When you find out, let me know. My girlfriend introduces her man as a chef all the time. He's a cook at TGI Fridays. Since when does frying chicken wings and grilling burgers constitute a chef?
In her case I think its a desire to impress people

When you find out, let me know. My girlfriend introduces her man as a chef all the time. He's a cook at TGI Fridays. Since when does frying chicken wings and grilling burgers constitute a chef?
In her case I think its a desire to impress people

You are a trip! So you see what I am saying, these things are said strictly to impress.

Back