Highlights on a Natural

cutenss

Hi Girls,

I need your help. I am a 100% natural. I really don't want to use chemicals on my hair, but I want highlights. Is that possible? I know that from past coloring my hair dried it out terribly. But I also had relaxed hair then. I just want to stay natural, but have options. My hair color now is its original black. I want something in the copperish brown family.

Give me ideas

ive never had a relaxer and i have highlights right now. They seem to be doing fine. I condition my hair daily, so that could be why

I had red and brown highlights when I was living in Atlanta. I just kept my hair moisturized and made sure to deep condition at least weekly or bi-weekly. Didn't have any issues, except that the red faded faster than the brown...so it all just ended up looking copper-ish. :spinning: Moisture is the key, as well as making sure they are done properly and with the right chemicals. My stylist mixed the colors when I was there. It definitely wasn't something I'd try on myself at home.

Here's a pic of the highlights she did for me:
http://public.fotki.com/Cassandra1975/all_about_hair/2006/2006_july_through/dscf1630.html

Hi Girls,

I need your help. I am a 100% natural. I really don't want to use chemicals on my hair, but I want highlights. Is that possible? I know that from past coloring my hair dried it out terribly. But I also had relaxed hair then. I just want to stay natural, but have options. My hair color now is its original black. I want something in the copperish brown family.

Give me ideas

I think your best bet is henna , or good old fashion lemon juice and water ... you can look online for ratios ...

Back