Highlighting Gray Hair?

Jalen's Mom

Okay, I met with an Aveda colorist today because I have been desperate to get highlights again. Unfortunately, I've developed a case of "gray hair starting to invade my head". The stylist recommended that I do not get highlights but color my entire head with a few lighter strands in the front to frame my face. Any suggestions or recommendations? She said I'd basically have gray and highlighted hair which would look funny. She didn't recommend a double color process because I have a relaxer.

TIA for your help!

msMicaela,

I'm not sure if you can see the gray in my hair, but it really depends on how I part my hair. I think the picture shows the two different colors my hair is, three if you count the gray.

This is my first photo post, so I hope it goes well.

DSCN0357.jpg

Last edited:
I use henna, and I consider my gray hairs as 'highlights', because the henna makes them BRIGHT auburn!! Henna is non-damaging, no chemicals.. a plant.

Bright Auburn sounds very pretty. I was looking for a carmel color, but I'm not too picky as long as the color isn't too loud. Thanks for the the recommendation!

You can tone down the 'bright' auburn by adding some indigo to your henna powder. There are Henna threads here. I love the stuff. It is also known for conditioning, strengthening, making hair shiny etc.

Go to www.curlynikki.com and read her Henna pages! Awesome. She's the one who got me started.. and she is a member here!

Back