High Quality Products Versus the Cheap Stuff

I prefer using 'high quality products'. Since I started using them my hair has improved dramatically. I don't mind paying the extra money, it's worth it /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Like most here I think that in general higher end products are better and deliver what they promise. One thing I definitely noticed though is that when I was natural, cheap products worked just fine.

hello,
I'm new to the forum, but have had a lot of experience using a variety of products. Currently using phytospecific relaxer,rene furterer karite conditioner, phyto conditioners, and some aveda products. They are pricier, but they have worked well for my hair. I have type 4b, coarse and on every occasion as possible, dry. The conditioners that tend to have high concentrations of shea butter and natural essential oils work best on my hair. Unfortunately these tend to be expensive, I've tried a some of the cheaper conditioners they tend not to work on my hair. The bottom line is to know your hair type and what ingredients work the best on your hair. /images/graemlins/wave.gif [The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. Harper Lee]

[ QUOTE ]
miracle said:
Whatever my hair likes, I love....... be it high quality or cheap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Sbaker,

I totally disagree. I bought Shamboosie's book and went out and purchased almost all of the products he recommended (Nexxus). The line is very is good, but I've gotten better results with drug store products and I pay a fraction of what I paid for the expensive stuff.

I don't mind splurging when it comes to beauty if I have to, but I've found that with haircare, my cheap stuff gives me the results I want!
SG

Same here SG! I will and have spent big money on Makeup and Hair products. I find my hair likes the economy line as well! I still love my MAC, for beauty products!!

For me, it doesn't matter whether the product is expensive or cheap, but whether it WORKS. I tend to focus on ingredients more than anything and will try products that lists good ingredients regardless of the price. I try to avoid 'cones and so the list of ingredients is essential for me and the relative cost is secondary . . .

I am intrigued with this topic! I usually switch between Paul M, Motions, and Perfect Results(conditioner only). I'm about to go back to MT and see how that works. What do you all think is the best expensive product, and the best non expensive product?

No. Personally, my hair reacts beautifully to the products used in Dominican Salons and they aren't that expensive. (I order mine from sickbay.com)

I've been able to get away with using Drugstore/Sally's products for washing/conditioning but when it comes to moisturizing, my hair seems to only like Carol's Daughter so I will spend the money for that.

Back