Hi Rez Haircolor

ms_kenesha

Soft Sheen-Carson has a new product called Hi Rez hair color and in the print ads there is a woman with a burgandy red haircolor in her hair.

I want to dye my hair a copper red that is in this line, but I can't remember the name of it. Has anyone used this new haircolor and if so how did you like the effect of it, has it dried out your hair, and do you have any other info. that might be helpful?

Also, I don't plan on relaxing my hair again until the 19th of December, so should I wait and color a week or two after my relaxer or should I color this weekend because I still have 4 more weeks until I get a touch-up?

TIA
ms_kenesha

I saw the ads for this in SBH magazine and the browns and reds are very pretty.
smile.gif
I haven't tried it though, I'm a Miss Clairol girl.
laugh.gif

Don't dye your hair until preferably 2 weeks or later after your touch-up. This creates less confusion, and you don't have to worry about your color changing if you dye your hair first and THEN get the perm. It's never happened to me, but better safe than sorry.
wink.gif

Thanks Karonica
I was figuring I should just wait until after my touch-up because then my hair color can be my marker for getting touch-ups, I can just tell my stylist don't you dare put relaxer anywhere that the hair is red :
swearing.gif

ms kenesha, do you know if this product contains ammonia? I was thinking about using one of these colors as well. Also do you know where they can be purchased?

I'm not sure if it contains ammonia, but I saw it at an Asian owned BSS. I haven't seen it in a place like CVS yet.

Because if they didn't, I'm absolutely positive they'd be broadcasting it, like T&T does. A permanent dye with no ammonia is a huge deal.
smile.gif

For those who are still interested in Hi Rez, you MUST get the latest issue of SBH magazine with Eve on the cover. There are two pages in it about the color, and some people from the company answering questions about it. A good read. I think I also read that it comes with a booster, so I may try this on my mom's hair. She wants some sort of auburnish color.
smile.gif

They do have some very nice reds. I'm would like to find out if this permie color is as good as T&T as well.

I used the scarlet red and it was fine, but not as vibrant as the box (of course). I did have some breakage near the hairline though.

Back