Hi Rez Hair Dye

I used it a few times before and each time it worked really well. Of course, if your hair is super dark (near black) it will lighten a bit and really show it's true colors in the light, but the times I used it (both when my hair was dark dark brown and when my hair was a lightened brown) I was impressed with how well it showed up. Of course, with any permanent hair color job, you've gotta up your moisture and protein. But just speaking of the Hi Rez's performance and not how your hair may particularly react to it, it works very very well. My hair was fine afterwards but everyone's hair is different.

I tried it several times when I wanted to get red hair, as mentioned in the Black girls with red hair thread. It never came close to the color on the box although it said that was the color for those with dark hair.

I've used it and like the previous posters stated, if your hair is dark it won't lift too much. The color you see in my avatar is from Hi-Rez plus a rinse on top. The best part about it is it didn't damage my hair.

i used Hi-Rez and it lifted my hair three shades (blonde, orange, and red). i used the lightest blonde. it's peroxide, so it isn't going to lift your hair like bleach. it didn't damage or change the texture of my hair.

Back