Hi ladies!!! (I'm back)

CutiePie0Five

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to be back on LHCF! I first found this site about a year ago when I was trying to grow my hair. It was about 2 inches past my shoulders, and I was determined to grow it back to how long it was when I was young (just about mid-back). Now, my hair is at bra-strap and I'm so proud! I learned so much from this site, and it really helped me so much.

However, I recently decided to transition back to natural hair because: 1) My hair didn't feel healthy even though I take care of it very well, 2) I'm tired of relaxing my hair, 3) I miss my natural waves. So, I'm back here not only to get more tips from you guys, but to give and receive support to anyone who needs it.

My last relaxer was January 7, 2006, so it hasn't been that long yet. I have about 1/4 inch growth in the front, and about half an inch in the middle and back, I think. I'm currently trying new products all over again, because I'm learning ALL over again! LOL either way, it's very exciting!

I curently use:
Surge
100% pure coconut oil
EVOO
WGO (sometimes)
Creme of Nature Shampoo & Conditioner

Lately, I've been noticing that my hair as getting dry even when I put oil in it. I washed it yesterday, and I did my first CW (I used v05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream Conditioner)! I loved it! I also used Lekair Cholesterol Plus as a deep conditioner. I sprayed my hair with Surge, Infusium leave-in, coconut oil, and then I braided my hair. First of all, the braids felt different--like more moisturized....it was wonderful! When I took them out today, my braidout was really pretty. I can't even describe it, but it was different. So, from now on, I think that will be my regimen.

I know this is post is ridiculously long already, but I just have one more question: Who here uses MTG? Can you tell me more about it? (lOL ok that was 2 questions)

Welcome back!!! I'm fairly new to LHCF, but there's quite a bit of information here about MTG. Many of us use MTG as part of our regimen. Do a search for MTG and I'm sure you'll find the answers to all your MTG questions.
Again, welcome back. As you know, the support and encouragement you'll get from the ladies on this site is amazing.

Back