Hi I'm a new member

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Hi I\'m a new member

And I would like to say that this is a nice hair forum. My question is does anyone know some good tips to alleviate an itchy scalp? The thing is that my hair is in braids and my scalp seem to itch when I get my hair braided. I prewashed the weave and it still didn't help. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again.

Re: Hi I\'m a new member

Hi
wave.gif

I don't really know, I just wanted to welcome you to the board!

Thanks. Well I'm gonna give people time because I understand that some people are feeling me out. Don't worry I'm not a troublemaker
laugh.gif
. Plus I'm a new member and I need to post more often so people will get to know me.

Welcome!
wave.gif

I don't think anyone is feeling you out. You just have to wait for the ones that are knowledgeable in this area to post. For itchy scalp I just massage conditioner and braidspray into my scalp. It is probably overly dry. How often do you wash your braids. For me, once a week is good. With conditioner washes in between washing with shampoo. I massage my scalp a lot. That seems to help foe me.

welcome to the board, CW!!

when i wear braids, i don't pretreat the hair, but i wash the braids the day i get them. that helped alot. i also wash the braids on a weekly (or every other week) basis. i think it's really important to keep your scalp clean while wearing braids.
smile.gif

Hi, I'm a new member too. I found this site surfing for tips to regaining healthy hair and itchy scalp relief. There was a post suggesting witch hazel to clean the scalp (I wish I could remember the member name to give proper credit). I tried this and also purchased some tea tree oil that I put into a travel sized misting spray bottle. I cleaned my scalp with the witch hazel and cotton swabs, then sprayed. The smell of the oil is quite medicinal, but ahhhh, the relief. I made certain to do this the day before a wash when I wasn't planning to leave home that day.

I don't want to recommend using the tea tree oil unless you know you're not sensitive to it.

Nice to meet you!

Hello CW!!! Nice to meet you. Like Adrienne, I wash my braids the day I get them. I am also a fan of tea tree oil. It helps alot when I get my midnight itchies.

Welcome Champagne Wishes & OnceUponATime - you will like it here. Great members and good advice.

Well I don't have any advice but I wanted to welcome you here. I'm new here also and everyone makes you feel at home. Have fun.

Thanks for your advice ladies!!! I actually have some tea tree oil coincidentally and almost an instant the itching subsided. Thanks again!!!

Back