Hi, everyone! I've got a question... :)

love2praz

Hi, everyone! I\'ve got a question... :)

Wow! It's been a long time since I've been here. When I left the board last year, I had just reached my shoulder length goal of relaxed hair. Since then I cut all of my hair off to a natural TWA, grew it back out into a cute, bold relaxed style, and now I'm ready to get back on the challenge again to grow out my hair! In retrospect, I wish I had never cut it.

Anyway, I need help. My hair is layered and has grown out so that I have been getting it flipped. (The longest layer being about 4 inches, the shortest is an inch.) I know I have to put the curling irons away since I want to regrow my hair length and I won't be getting it cut again.

My question is: what options do I have for protective styling? Braids are not an option since they have been very damaging to my hair in the past. I've been bobby pinning a ponytail to my slicked back hair and have been contemplating getting an Instant Weave hairpiece.
confused.gif

Any suggestions anyone!!??
smile.gif

God bless,
L2P
smile.gif

Re: Hi, everyone! I\'ve got a question... :)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
love2praz said:
I've been bobby pinning a ponytail to my slicked back hair

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds good. Is it working out for you? If so, I'd say stick to that. However, if the instant weave isn't damaging, give that a try (only if it's not damaging though).

Welcome back! I'd be careful with the bobbi pinning(you don't want any breakage)....when I had a 'small' bun, I got some of the hair used for braiding, divide itinto 2 sections, fold one section in half and loop a satin scrunchie through the middle(where it is folded in half). Then I would do a 2 strand twist(or you can braid it) into a pony tail or a long braid. Smooth your hair back and using the scrunchie attached to the ponytail, secure your hair(and the pony tail at the same time)blend them together and wrap it into a bun. I then use Good Hair Day Pins to secure it. If you want you can do another scrunchie over the bun. This looks really natural..not like the pieces you buy that are already made into a bun.

Thanks, Allandra, for the reply. I've only been attaching the ponytail to my slicked back hair for the past 3 days. Not long enough to see if it will produce damage or not. I had been going to the salon every 2 weeks to get my hair washed, conditioned, and curled. But I know I have to put the curling irons down!
grin.gif
I was surfing the web yesterday and came upon the Instant Weave (which in actuality looks to be a partial wig in which you can leave your hairline out to blend in with the wig....

I just don't know what do to do??
confused.gif

Thanks for the welcome, Sweetcocoa!
smile.gif
Unfortunately, I still do not have enough hair for even a pig tail without most of my hair sticking out.
frown.gif
But I will get there again. But, thank you for the tip! This will definitely help me as I grow!
smile.gif

Back