Hi ALL< I am a Newbie here-be gentle LOL

NikkiNee

Hi my name is Nikki...
33 and releaxed. I have lurked for a little while on this board but now my hair obession has become more intense. I THINK I am a 4B hair type and I am relaxed. I YEARN to grow my hair natural and I am just to scared and uncomfortbale to do a big chop. I did try the month of November to grow out so I had gotten 2 weaves..but they just didn't work out for me so I ended up taking them out and relaxing again :(

I am on the hunt for some good products and I think I may be buying me a h2pro 204 flat iron. I currently have a chi! I need good mosturinzing product recomendations :)

The products I am using right now are
Elasta stimulating Shampoo and conditioner
Elasta DPR 11 deep conditioner mix with motions deep protein conditioner
Fatansia IC heat protectant spray
Chi Silk infusion

I think my goals are to have bra strap length hair, healthy and eventually natural. THis board has always been informative as I hear several people raving about it. So I here I am!!

Elasta.jpg

hair3.jpg

hair2.jpg

Thanks everyone!!

Now the reggie part is where I start to get discouraged because I don't understand some things or just really don't know where to start AND I have major product shopping to do lol

I currently wash my hair once a week. I wash/deep condition and then roller set. Once dry I MAY flat iron my roots a little and then I wrap. Thats it.

I see people co pooing (which I don't understand) and other things and I am just trying to leanr the ins and outs. So please if my post are annoying you because I may be asking questions that probably has been answered 50 million times already, please forgive.. I said I was a newbie.. bare with me I will catch up lol

Welcome!!! Start with the favorite stickies post. There is a thread for newbies that may explain a lot of the questions that you have.

Thanks everyone!!

Now the reggie part is where I start to get discouraged because I don't understand some things or just really don't know where to start AND I have major product shopping to do lol

I currently wash my hair once a week. I wash/deep condition and then roller set. Once dry I MAY flat iron my roots a little and then I wrap. Thats it.

I see people co pooing (which I don't understand) and other things and I am just trying to leanr the ins and outs. So please if my post are annoying you because I may be asking questions that probably has been answered 50 million times already, please forgive.. I said I was a newbie.. bare with me I will catch up lol

this help me ALOT when i first started
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082
It's a newbie manual that breaks down the basics for you

Welcome good to have ya! Wish you well on your journey the ladies are very helpful I've learnt loads.

so since trade secret is having a sale, one of my first purchases is going to be the knra mositurizing shampoos and conditioner. I have heard good things about Kenra products

Welcome!! :)

For moisturizing products, I love Dove Intense Therapy conditioner and Africa's Best Liquid Hair Mayo.

Good luck to you on your hair journey.

Welcome!
My advice to you is to do what is best for YOUR hair. What works for others might not work for you. If that Elast QP stuff is working for you, I would say to stick w/ that. I'm always searching for something better, which is why I'm a Product Junkie, but I've spent A LOT of money when it wasn't necessary.

I transitioned for about 8 or 9 months before I bc'd. I don't like the way I look w/ a short fro, which is why I hesitated so long. When I did chop it off, I immediately got kinky twists and continued to wear kinky twists and micros for another 8 or 9 months. I didn't take care of my hair the way I should've w/ extensions, so I've had some setbacks. My edges are very thin (too me anyway) and the fact that I have eczema doesn't help. My hair is almost shoulder length now and I'm wearing wigs and half wigs.

I think you should BC because you have the right kind of face/head for a short fro. If you don't like it you can always throw on a wig (good protective style)!!! LOL!!!

Back