Hey, transitioners, can you help me?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am now 17 weeks post and am at an impasse with my hair. I am trying to figure out a regimen that will help me focus on my goal. Right now I am trying to protective style it but I'm still not able to make them last over night.:rolleyes: My over processed hair is very limp and styles are not holding very well. Can someone suggest a regimen for me? I am trying very hard to educate myself so this natural journey will be different from my previous ones. Can someone suggest a good gel that I can use to keep my twists in place?:ohwell:

well im transitioning too, but the only thing I do is cowash and put my hair in some kind of bun and I use IC Fantasia gel (blue) to slick my hair back and put a scarf on it to make it stay down. I dont know how protective of a style that you want but really if you don't want to mess up your hair overnight and still have it come out right I would suggest either bantu knots or a braid or twist out. You can sleep as hard as you want and those styles will still look good in the morning. Hope this helped. Good luck with you journey.

I'm not sure if a gel can help you. Not sure about you but when I transitioned, my relaxed hair and gel didn't mix too well.

If you want to buy one anyway, I would recommend Fantasia IC gel (clear bottle). When I did ponytails it helped slick my hair back and keep it down. It also added some nice shine. It won't be good for curl definition, well not yet anyway.

Rollersetting helped my transition since it made my 2 textures blend in nicely.

Good luck!!!

I agree with BostonMaria. I use the Fantasia IC gel and it works great as far as helping the hair to lie down without causing itch and building up. I am currently 25 weeks post and I wear my hair in protectove styles for a week or two until it's time to wash. I wash (I stopped cowashing); deep condition (sit under heat cap), add coconut oil and my chi products. To style I usually wear a pin up using the IC gel and tie my hair with a silk scarf. Hope this helps

I'm supposedly transitioning and I just made 15 weeks post. I've done a variety of styles and so far the one in my siggy is the one that's holding up the best.- Low maintance while still looking somewhat descent.

Transistioning since March..only thing I do is conditioner shampoo, oil wash, use Cowboy Magic to detangle,any leave-in,braid or twist, depend upon ORS Carrot oil,..put a wig on top of it all..then call it a day.

I've been transitioning for almost 15 months, and the only thing I've done was rollersets, half wigs and sew ins. I cannot bun- my hair is SO thick that it (the hair going into the ponytail) looks a mess, but I did try a natural-looking phony pony with a scarf wrapped around my hair to hide the poofyness and that was cute.

It can be hard trying to figure out what to do w/ your hair- so many times I felt like cutting it OR relaxing, but just experiment experiment experiment! HTH and GOOD LUCK!

I just want to be natural, but I want some length. :rolleyes: I'm just tired of BCing with very little hair. I'd like to have enough hair to practice twists and other styles.

258cy7l.jpg
25jwpyg.jpg
k1exop.jpg
2ezh6pt.jpg

Buns Braid Banded

I'm transitioning aswell. My hair is texlaxed which really made me curious about my natural hair. I'm 24/25 weeks posts (6 months) and one concern of mine was keeping my ends intact. I see alot of transitioners say their relaxed ends break off or become weak for managing the two textures. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, I don't want to destroy my hair in the process. After all healthy hair is the GOAL.

I keep my hair up, I rarely wear it down. At this point its down right stressful to try to straighten it. So I keep it in buns, a single braid or banded. I try to dress it up with scarfs, clips, accessories. Buns last a week and the braid/branded last 3-4 days. I hope thats helpful to you! :yep:

Last edited:
I have not had success with twists or other protective styles. I typically wear a phony pony after adding leave in and gel - IC fantasia green.

I have been transitioning since June. Sine then I have been wearing sew ins and twists with added hair. I tried bunning but I was having a problem with my new growth laying down. I used unrefined shea butter on my hair with a silk scarf and this has helped tame my new growth. I wash and deep condition weekly.

Back