Hey Stretchers! How & how often do you apply your S-curl etc?

pmichael52172

Whether it's S-Curl, Sta-Soft-Fro or whatever, do you apply your's daily to the new growth or as needed? Do you apply it to dry hair? Do you find the spray bottle works best or the tube?

Thanks in advance.

You probably didn't want this answer but I don't use s-curl/stay soft fro or none of those products and I'm 25 weeks post. I put coconut oil on my newgrowth and haven't had any problems. Every other night I will use Mizani Rose H20

You probably didn't want this answer but I don't use s-curl/stay soft fro or none of those products and I'm 25 weeks post. I put coconut oil on my newgrowth and haven't had any problems. Every other night I will use Mizani Rose H20

I'm glad you answered anyway, because I haven't purchased those products... BUT do have pure coconut oil! I'm trying to keep from buy things I don't really need. So do you dab it on your dry new growth (or on your wet) , spray it or what?

Thanks so much for replying.

I would use it at least every night, Sometimes I think it helps and others times I dont think so.

Thanks for responding and being candid aboout the last part. I've been debating on whether to try what I have around the house before buying something else... no matter how cheap it is.

Thanks again!

I use coconut oil quite often, and it came in REALLY handy during my first year transition. I just wish I had start using it sooner (had I known how good it was for my hair).

I use Kids Organics Shea Butter and Olive Oil Detangler or Rosewater/Glycerine Mix. I do it every night. I usually use the coconut oil to seal

I use coconut oil quite often, and it came in REALLY handy during my first year transition. I just wish I had start using it sooner (had I known how good it was for my hair).

I'm nearing the end of my coconut oil I have so if this does work for my new growth and I want to get more, tell me what brand is out there that I can pick up from a store? What I have now was purchased on-line. I don't feel like waiting for it.

for those who use coconut oil - what type of hair do you have?
and.... for those who use the scurl - what is your hair type? just wondering if one is better depending on natural hair type.

I'm nearing the end of my coconut oil I have so if this does work for my new growth and I want to get more, tell me what brand is out there that I can pick up from a store? What I have now was purchased on-line. I don't feel like waiting for it.
My coconut oil was purchased from a local health food store. It's by Jarrow Formulas. Here's a pic of it.
100_0203-vi.jpg

for those who use coconut oil - what type of hair do you have?
and.... for those who use the scurl - what is your hair type? just wondering if one is better depending on natural hair type.

I have 4B hair and coconut oil tends not to soften my new growth that much.

I forgot to mention that I added some to my Kids Organics.

I'm glad you answered anyway, because I haven't purchased those products... BUT do have pure coconut oil! I'm trying to keep from buy things I don't really need. So do you dab it on your dry new growth (or on your wet) , spray it or what?

Thanks so much for replying.

I use the coconut oil from GNC. I take a handful and rub it in my palms until it liquefies. I then massage it into my newgrowth...then run it through to the ends. I use it on my hair wet and dry. Hope this helps

You added coconut oil to your Kids organics? Also do you apply it to dry or wet hair. Thanks for responding!

Yup, I let the coconut oil liquefy and then I added it to the bottle and shook it up for even distribution.

I like to mix coconut oil with my conditioners too. I just don't add it the bottle.

I only apply it to dry hair, at night, in between washes to soften the new growth.

MoniintheMiddle and Kandi, this is exactly what I needed to know! Thanks. Conditioner Washes do not work for me so this really helps. I appreciate everyone's input.

I use S-Curl on mg NG whenever it looks to dry to me (especially now at like 10 weeks post), so maybe 2x a day I'd say. I like when my NG looks moisturised. At about 20 weeks post, I'll be going through bottles of S-Curl I think...

Back