Hey protective stylers, one more question...

B

Bublnbrnsuga

My beloved good hairday pins have been discontinued and after a while of use, I end up stretching them so bad they break. My question- what do you all use to hold the protective styles in place? I want something different than bobby pins, they can be a hassle. I have to put about 10 in my hair to hold it in place!

tthreat08 said:
How do you use these pins? I have a decorative one that I can't figure out how to use.
The regular Good Hair Day pins are not decorative, they are mainly used whenever we want to pin our hair in place, like an updo (French Twist) or a bun, without any hair breakage. They hold hair in place better than bobby pins, which can cause breakage.

Decorative pins look very elegant in French Twists and other styles, like your partial upsweep in your signature. They can hold hair in place or just be pretty, without a function.

Last edited:
Thanks Isis. So basically, you use them just as you would a bobby pin. The one I have seems like it was made just to look cute. I can't figure out how to put it in my hair to hold anything. I guess I need to play with it....

Back