hey natural ladies does your hair hate oils

beauty

Help, When i put oils or butters on my natural hair it comes out crunchy.I was reading about the no oil routine does anyone use it if so Please share!!!!!

I use oil mixed with a cream moisturizer and I don't get the crunchy feeling. There was a point where I thought that I couldn't use oils, but I found that I just needed to experiment.;)

I don't use oils alone either (unless it's for a hot oil treatment that will be washed out). I mix my oils in other things (conditioners...leave ins...shampoos...hennalucent...heck, everything!)

I agree with everything the ladies have said. I would put just oil in my hair, like almond oil and when it dried it would be dry, greasy and crunchy! I thought oil wasn't working for me. But like the ladies have stated, I too mix my oil with something else. I use an all oil pre-treatment. But after my wash and conditioner, I mix olive oil and castor oil and a little aloe vera and use it as my leave-in. This concoction alone would still leave my hair dry and crunchy. I do use it to treat my hair. But after this, I spray on a concoction of cheap conditioner mixed with Infusium, olive oil, water and activator. I do it daily and my natural hair is not crunchy anymore. Experimenting is important to find what works best for you.

My hair will stay crunchy no matter until I put in a glycerin-based moisturizer. Before I understood that oils don't moisturize my hair, it was perpetually crunchy. But after moisturizing, a little mango butter or hot six oil on the ends and my hair's happy.

I have the same problem. At first, coconut oil was okay, but now it even sits on my hair.

I just use them as hot oil treatments, now.

Thanks everybody for your speedy replies.

hey Kristina, which glycerin -based moisturizer do you use?
MeccaMedinah which cream moisturizer do u use?
So tigerlily what do you use to moisturize?

Last edited:
My hair loves oil too! I apply oil everyday. :) I usually use Hairobics detangling oil. I also have coconut oil, almond oil , grapeseed oil, you name it, I use it! :D

beauty said:
Thanks everybody for your speedy replies.

hey Kristina, which glycerin -based moisturizer do you use?
MeccaMedinah which cream moisturizer do u use?
So tigerlily what do you use to moisturize?

I use S-Curl or MyHoneychild products, which are glycerin based.

Back