Hey everyone!!

Glamiam

I am so happy to be apart of the board!! Well i have one question though, my hair has really done a 360 since I've stopped using flatirons on my hair completely. My hair has grown from neck-length to past my shoulders in about 5-6 months from also doing protective styling. Now that i have gained some confidence about my hair, i would like to start wearing it out but i am so afraid of my length breaking off. Because of that i always wear my hair in a bun so that i dont have to manipulate my hair and risk breakage. I am so afraid of combing my hair now. For example i go to the dominican salons and they wrap my hair but the bobby pins break my hair when i take them out in the morning. How do you girls wear your hair at night? what are some products to strengthen my hair?

WELCOME, WELCOME!!! I cross wrap my hair and tie it down with a silk scarf. Its requires fewer pins and it's easier on my edges.

Welcome and I agree with wrapping/cross-wrapping helps me to keep my hair straight when I flatiron. I understand about not wanting to comb the hair b/c I felt weird combing my hair last week everyday since the only time I comb my hair is when I detangle which could be once oronce every week. Hopefully some others can chime in.

I would not use pins when wrapping my hair. I just masterd tying it down well with a silk scarf. Pinns can tug on your hair at night

Hi guys..you guys are so sweet lol thanks for the replies =)

I was thinking of using those really long alligator clip looking thingies to wrap my hair with. They're plastic too..i wish i could find a picture =/

Back