Hey everyone, i'm new !

TheQueenBeeMaya

Hey everyone, i'm maya and i've been stalking you guys for quite a while and decided today was the day that i'm going to join. I've learned so much from you guys already, and am eager to learn more. Lets see, a little bit about me. Well, for the past six or so years i've taken HORRIBLE care of my hair. when i mean horrible, i mean my hair was washed every 3-4 weeks and i NEVER moisturized. i believed that it would weigh my hair down and so i refused to do it. about a year ago I had braids and during that time my SL hair grew to APL, a length i had never seen before, but due to poor hair care it broke off within two weeks. my current hair goal is to reach APL again (i'm currently CBL) and then we'll see from there. I do have a question though....What is my hair type???? haha i'm including some photos i just took of my hair straight out of the shower. i'm 100% natural and have never had a relaxer. it would be great if you guys could also tell me some products that might work well with my hair. i'm wanting to wear it out in its natural state more often, instead of flat ironing it all the time. so what products might enhance my curl pattern? sorry if the pictures are so big, i'm not sure how to resize. thank you for everything in advance !!!

myhair3.jpg

myhair2.jpg

myhair1.jpg

Welcome, Maya!

It's a little hard to tell your hair type. Maybe if you posted some dry hair pics? But nonetheless it looks lovely. HHG!

Welcome....well I'm not sure exactly what your hair type is, but it looks like you might be in the 3's but I'm not sure though.....as far as hair products, I like Hairveda.....but others have tried Shescentit.com or Afroveda.com. And Hairveda.net, you will find something. You will have to find your hair type, trial and error, your staple products and a regimen.....it will take a while to figure out what works on your hair. I'm still trying to find my final products. Let's see what else, moisturizer--Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion, the website is healthyhairjourney.com(try these too), I love the growth lotion, money is pretty tight so I will have to wait until feb to get more, ummmm....oils, I use indian oils...............try this website, mehndiskinart.com..........just keep reading more forums for hair products, some also use jane carter hair products, miss jessies. Grow aids(if you want to use some) OCT-ovation cell therapy, or MT-megatek, BeeMine, MTG, Patience hair oil......just search around....that's all I could think of right now.

GIRL YO HUR IS PRUDY.. LOL! Welcome to the board... I have no idea about natural hair nor to I know your hair type but I will say that make up can get into some challenges or "stalk" some natural hair care thread both past and present! GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY GROWING!

WELCOME!! Your hair looks to be 3c to me. Some products I would recommend are:
Africa's Best Hair Mayo---(great leave-in moisturizer)
Texture My Way Curl Keeper---(great thick moisturizer that will help moisturize your hair and keep it curly, while being frizz-free, if you want to wear your curls out)
Unrefined, virgin coconut oil--(great at sealing in moisture after you apply your moisturizers--can be purchased at GNC) P.S. Your hair is really pretty. Rock your natural hair with pride and confidence. ;)

Last edited:
WELCOME!! Your hair looks to be 3c to me. Some products I would recommend are:
Africa's Best Hair Mayo---(great leave-in moisturizer)
Texture My Way Curl Keeper---(great thick moisturizer that will help moisturize your hair and keep it curly, while being frizz-free, if you want to wear your curls out)
Unrefined, virgin coconut oil--(great at sealing in moisture after you apply your moisturizers--can be purchased at GNC) P.S. Your hair is really pretty. Rock your natural hair with pride and confidence. ;)

thanks semo ! i absolutely love your hair, the texture is so beautiful ! i'm definitely going to start fotki stalking you. quick question, in your siggy pic, that is a wash and go, correct? how exactly does that work? i read somewhere to wash and then wrap your hair with a tshirt (with NO combing) and then when its damp add product and wrap again till dry. is that you achieved that look? did you use the texture my way curl keeper you suggested? (i plan on buying that tomorrow !) sorry if i'm asking so many questions, but i absoultely love your hair !

GIRL YO HUR IS PRUDY.. LOL! Welcome to the board... I have no idea about natural hair nor to I know your hair type but I will say that make up can get into some challenges or "stalk" some natural hair care thread both past and present! GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY GROWING!

thanks girl, you made me smile ! a question for you though...in your siggy pic are you the one on the left or right? its been bugging me since the day i started lurking these boards

Back