Hey Chocolate Chicks- What Hair Color

Country gal

have you tried before on your hair that looked really good? I have chocolate skin, dark eyes and ash black hair color. I want to go get my hair colored today. I am debating on the color. I was thinking of getting my hair lifted to a warm brown color.

i have a lot of warm almond highlights, especially around the face and crown, their very thin highlights - not chunky so it doesn't look like a bunch of big stripes. it looks more sunkissed - the colorist did a beautiful job. i think that warm almond color compliments darker skin tones. hth

have you tried before on your hair that looked really good? I have chocolate skin, dark eyes and ash black hair color. I want to go get my hair colored today. I am debating on the color. I was thinking of getting my hair lifted to a warm brown color.

...this is EXACTLY how I discribe my hair color. It's not black, but more of a dull dark brown. I'm considering color myself as well and we appear to have similar coloring. I plan to let a professional handle it this time. I'm leaning toward a Dark Auburn on top half (4RB) and a dark chocolate brown on the bottom (2). I hope I don't chicken out. I'm supposed to do it in March....maybe May. :rolleyes:

...this is EXACTLY how I discribe my hair color. It's not black, but more of a dull dark brown. I'm considering color myself as well and we appear to have similar coloring. I plan to let a professional handle it this time. I'm leaning toward a Dark Auburn on top half (4RB) and a dark chocolate brown on the bottom (2). I hope I don't chicken out. I'm supposed to do it in March....maybe May. :rolleyes:

We do have similar coloring. I don't want to do a reddish tone. Once before I had a highlights that were light brown color.

I think jet black is the best hair color for my skin tone. It makes my hair look really healthy too.

My hair is an "ashy" brown color and I love to dye my hair jet black :)

I think jet black is the best hair color for my skin tone. It makes my hair look really healthy too.

I have to agree. Jet black always looks better on me. When I try to go lighter brown, I looked washed out, like my hair's blending into my skin color.

CG, please post some pics of your new hair color.

I have to agree. Jet black always looks better on me. When I try to go lighter brown, I looked washed out, like my hair's blending into my skin color.

CG, please post some pics of your new hair color.

I agree. :yep: Jet black hair looks the best against my dark skin too.

Back