Hey! Caruso Users

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

DOES THESE THINGS RIP ANYBODY ELSES HAIR OUT?? Today I tried the Spiral method and taking them out was a , well let's just say not a pleasant experience and my LONGG strands of hair was let wound around the roller. My grandma warned me that Sponge rollers was not good.

Sorry I could'nt find the Caruso thread, I went up to page 12...

When I regular roll, there is always hair on them, but never this much. In a hurry to get them out for work I yanked on some. (I know) but they were already snagged and tangled. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hey MindyMouse!
Try doing a search for Caruso and you should find more information.
It could be that your hair hates the sponge rollers. What I do is I put leave in conditioner, moisturizers or whatever in my hair and make sure my hair is dry prior to using the rollers. I then wrap end papers over the entire Caruso roller (use 2 endpapers if u need to) then roll my hair. This keeps the hair from getting caught in the roller and can keep the hair from getting frizzy. I typically take the rollers out and put in magnetic rollers or perm rods (I cover the perm rods with end papers to keep my hair from catching) in my hair until the hair is completeley dry.
I hope this helps.
Was your hair caught in the rollers or was your hair still wet when you combed out the curls?

I think it was caught. It was dry.

When you use end papers does that defeat the steam action? It seems like it would not pentrate the paper to curl properly.

I gonna use something like you stated as I did not put anything on my hair, just rolled it. When I get home I'm gonna test one or two with the end paper and see how it works. Thank Nay.

I did finally find the caruso thread on page 30, but it was just on where to find them.. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Mindymouse,

I used the Caruso steam rollers for about two years - I always used end papers and there never was a problem with the steam penetrating them. You tend to get a smoother set this way.

Kedra

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=15217&Forum=All_Forums&Words=caruso&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=12945&Search=true#Post15217

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=9908&Forum=All_Forums&Words=caruso%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=9864&Search=true#Post9908

I think you can click on the link to get to some posts. When you search don't forget to change your critera to include All Posts on the date section and just search for Caruso.

My hair is still wet from the steam even when I use the end papers. Good Luck and don't give up on it. The first time I used the Caruso my hair came out awful and I hated it! Now besides wet setting it is the only way I curl my hair! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks, Kedra that's helpful, cause have end papers jsut did'nt know they would work with steam. And the instructions don't say. It just says you can use setting lotion.

If you've been using them for 2 years they must work...

Nay, Nay.. - I did the search and was reading those post abut 1/2 hour. Whew!!! we do a lot of typin up in here.... /images/graemlins/computer.gif

Mindymouse,

Actually, I stopped using them last year. They were starting to dry my hair out. Sad but true - I loved those things. I used a moisturizer too - I have weird hair though.

Kedra

Really... That's not nice to hear. How did they dry it out, everyone says the moisture is good??

Puzzled on this one.

Back