Herbal Essences LTR leave-in Question

vtoodler

Was HE LTR leave-in conditioner recently reformulated?

If so, is the new formulation as good as the old one?

What have been some of your experiences with this product recently?

Yes, it was reformulated. Both my sister and I used to use the old formula - me on my relaxed hair and she on her natural hair. We both agreed that it does not work as well. It left my hair sticky and stiff. It used to leave it soft and smelling wonderful.

It's sad how companies keep reformulating their products.

I believe that Giovanni's direct leave-in was reformulated as well.

Last edited:
I still have a couple of unopened bottles of the old formula that I'm never going to use (use natural products now) but I purchased them in summer 2010--is that too old? I'd be happy to give them to someone.

I've never tried the old formula but I just bought the new formula Saturday and I applied it to soaking wet, freshly washed and DCed hair and it really defined my curls very nicely, left my hair very soft and easy to comb through and it was soft the next day I got up as well. I'm a 4a/b with a few 3c curls in the mix if that matters any.

I still have 2 bottles of the old formula that I need to use. It did well on my hair. I do not plan to try the new version.

The new formula works but not nearly as well as the old one did on my hair. I probably won't repurchase it unless by I sneak up on a stash of the old formula on a shelf somewhere.

Back