hennalucent (how to apply)

offthechainliz

I read the instructions that it came with and it said if hair is dirty shampoo,rinse and towel dry before applying. but how about if hair is clean? do you aply it to dry clean hair or do you simply wet the hair and aplly. do you add oils in the mixure and where can I get these oils?

I always shampoo my hair prior to applying hennalucent. I add olive oil to my mixture. You can get olive oil from a grocery store.

Allandra, since your hair is sooooooooooo long, do you use one or two packets of the hennaulcent. Also how much olive oil do you add to the mixture. I want to give myself another one around the middle of August and i've never added oil to it. Do tell....thanks.

I only use one box of hennalucent when I do my hair. I add about an ounce or two of olive oil to the mixture.

Yes, what is hennalucent? I just looked through a bunch of old threads and have yet to see exactly what it is! please help!
smile.gif

This is on my list of products to buy. I'll probably try it this weekend. Below is the product description from Folica.com

henn_colcon.gif

Hennalucent® Hair Toner and Conditioner

100% organic. A professional henna product that penetrates the hair shaft through natural, organic absorption to deliver long-term shine, body and beauty color highlights.

For centuries, hennas have been used by women as a color and conditioning treatment for skin and hair.

Hennalucent is a unique formulation of micro-refined henna, hydrolyzed protein, pH neutralizers and rich, organic conditioners that revitalizes all types of hair. It repairs split ends, adds new strength and vitality. Even dry, damaged, chemically treated hair becomes healthier and more vibrant.

Hennalucent's sensational luster and natural, believable tones add a new dimension to your color services. As a conditioner, it is unsurpassed.

Hennalucent is a 100% organic translucent toner and conditioner. It will give you a shimmering graduation of tone within the existing color level of the hair. It is not meant to change to the extreme color level of the hair. Nor will it cover gray or lighten hair. Hennelucent is not a tint, dye or shade lifter and does not contain metallic salts, peroxides or harsh chemicals.

Available in neutral or 7 translucent shades that intensify and enhance your hair color. No harsh re-growth, color fades naturally in 6 to 8 weeks.

Gleaming Ebony. Recommended for medium brown to black hair. It gives deeper brown tones to brown hair and shiny black tones to black hair.

Bark Brown. Recommended for medium to black hair. Adds warm highlights to brown hair and slight warm tones to black hair.

Sparkling Burgundy. Recommended only for medium brown to black hair. It gives a rich burgundy glow to brown hair and subtle burgundy to black hair.

Sunset Glo. Recommended for light brown to black hair. It adds stunning auburn highlights to medium brown hair and dark auburn to dark brown and black hair. Blend Neutral with Sunset Glo when using on lighter shades.

Earth Brown. Recommended for light brown to dark brown hair. It adds golden brown tones to light brown hair, slight red tones to medium brown and a warm glow to dark brown hair.

Blush Blonde. Recommended for natural blonde to light brown hair. It adds soft strawberry highlights to light blonde hair and soft gold highlights to light brown hair.

Neutral. Adds shimmering highlights with no color change to all shades of hair. Conditions to revive the natural sheen, body and manageability.

Directions:

How to mix Hennalucent:

1. Pour Hennalucent into a plastic or glass bowl. Add very hot water, stirring constantly until blended to a smooth, honey-like consistency.
2. Let mixture sit a minute to stabilize. If it thickens, add more hot water. Mixture should remain creamy and moist during processing.

How to apply Hennalucent:

1. Apply HP3 Intensive Conditioner along the hairline and wear gloves with all shades except Neutral to avoid staining.
2. Apply Hennalucent to clean hair. If hair is very soiled or lacquered, shampoo and towel dry.
3. Use tint brush to apply Hennalucent generously to the parts, starting at the crown. Touch up the hair line last. Then gently work mixture through the hair, making sure all ends are saturated.
4. Wrap a cotton strip around hairline to prevent dripping. No cap or foil is needed. Do not use a hair dryer.
5. To determine the proper process time, see Hennalucent timing guide.
6. When desired results are reached, rinse hair thoroughly with warm water. Then shampoo with a mild shampoo.

Note: To insure color continuity and superb conditioning apply every 4-6 weeks. Complete instruction booklet and timing guide enclosed.

Ingredients:

Henna, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sucrose, Quaternium-19, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Fragrance, Plant Extracts and other ingredients.

Warnings & Precautions:

Do not use in the area of the eye. Do not use on cut or abraded scalp.

I realized after posting, this product has hydrolyzed animal protein. This past weekend I gave myself an Aphogee treatment.

Does anyone think this may be protein over kill for one week?

Back