Hennalucent anyone??

Catina72

Well, I had to ask if anyone has tried Hennalucent from Sally's?? I did and I love the results, I used Neutral and my hair is shining, strong and alot less hairs were found in my comb. My hair airdryed soooo straight too. Anywho, there is a question here ladies....:lol: ! Ok, my question is how often do you ladies use it?? Is it really like Henna that everyone is raving about?? Should I move on to the "real deal"?? What has been your experience with this product?? Thanks ladies!!;)

I just tried Henna (neutral) on Saturday and I also love it! My hair is natural and the henna has given me some more shine and strength. It has loosened up my curl pattern a bit; I have a bit more curl definition. I do love it though!!

Was it the Hennalucent or just henna?

MariposaMorena08 said:
I just tried Henna (neutral) on Saturday and I also love it! My hair is natural and the henna has given me some more shine and strength. It has loosened up my curl pattern a bit; I have a bit more curl definition. I do love it though!!

Praise God and Good morning, Nice & Wavy! I tried the Hennalucent. I bought it at Sally's for about $3 or $4. I really like it! I only had to let it sit for about a minute before applying it and I didn't even use an applicator brush. I know that I will be using this in the future! Do try it, I am sure that you will like it! I didn't want to dye my hair so I used the neutral and it gives a great shine to my hair...and my hair *doesn't* shine. hth

Yup I used it and like it. Although the first time I used it I let it dry on my hair and that was NOT pleasant to get out. The next time had great success. I may do this again next week now that you mention it.

MariposaMorena08 said:
Praise God and Good morning, Nice & Wavy! I tried the Hennalucent. I bought it at Sally's for about $3 or $4. I really like it! I only had to let it sit for about a minute before applying it and I didn't even use an applicator brush. I know that I will be using this in the future! Do try it, I am sure that you will like it! I didn't want to dye my hair so I used the neutral and it gives a great shine to my hair...and my hair *doesn't* shine. hth

Praise Him...and good afternoon to you, MariposaMorena08!

I'm going on my lunch break to Sally's and get a box. Since you are natural and you are so happy with it, I think I'll try it.

Let me ask...how many times can you use this...once a month, twice a month, more/less? I would like to know so that if I need to get more than one box, I will.

Thanks.

simplycee said:
Yup I used it and like it. Although the first time I used it I let it dry on my hair and that was NOT pleasant to get out. The next time had great success. I may do this again next week now that you mention it.

I've always loved your hair, simplycee...I stalked your album when I first came to LHCF...you are one of my hair inspirations!

Blessings.:p

I bought a box of neutral just the other day along with some new rollers. I might go ahead and use it since you just reminded me that I have it under my bathroom sink. I am glad it worked well for you. I hope I will have positive results too.

Okay since I have used both I will post my experoientace.

Hennalucent Neutral is the one I tried. It has other ingredients including protien and others.

Henna, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sucrose, Quaternium-19, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Fragrance, Plant Extracts and other ingredients.

:nono:

The neutral is an off white color, which throws me off because even cassia has a darker color than that. Anyway, I tried it and it is sorta conditioning. I give it a 2/5 when compared to the "real" henna. I mixed it with plain yogurt. it is not as cooling and soothing to my scalp as henna is. It actually tingled a little.

Henna, on the other hand is powdered form of the leaves from the lawsonia inermis - and that's it. No other ingredients. "neutral henna" as it is often called are normally from the cassia obovata plant, but I have also seen the rhazya stricta, cassia auriculata and one other plant that I cannot remember. Those are not henna at all, but people just call it neutral henna because they condition w/o the color that henna has.

I personally have used henna, cassia obovata and rhazya stricta. They are far better than hennalucent, in my honest opinion. But, I think hennalucent is a good option to try and use because it is not a bad product. I just don't think it really represents the real henna.

Last edited:
I have used the Neutral Hennalucent twice. It wasn't the same formula Honeydew used, it was the one labeled "100% Organic." I had good results with each use, my new growth detangled very easily and my hair felt very soft. I added Amla oil and WGO to the mixture and let it sit several hours w/o heat.

AR_UCR_Hennalucent_PrdctGr.jpg
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Ardell line and available only at beauty supply stores, is Hennalucent a line of high-quality henna hair treatments.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Regular henna is not recommended for use on hair that has been chemically treated. Hennalucent Semi-Permanent Hair Color and Conditioner is a 100 percent organic translucent toner and conditioner that can be used on permed or relaxed hair safely. In fact, it will restore elasticity, body and shine as it contains hydrolyzed animal protein, plant extracts and henna. Henna is a vegetable-based dye which is made into a paste with water and then applied to the hair to create a strong, red-orange shade that lasts about as long as semi-permanent color. Ardell Hennalucent Semi-Permanent Hair Color and Conditioner is a henna-based,100% organic haircolor, available in five shade plus neutral. Rich in proteins and organic conditioners, it contains no metallic salts so it is safe for chemically treated hair. Color fades naturally in 6 to 8 weeks. These are the only professsional henna products that penetrate the hair shaft through natural organic absorbtion, to deliver long-lasting shine, body, and beautiful highlights. These treatments are compatible with all other salon services, including perms, because they do not coat the hair like ordinary henna does. Hennalucent is available in 8 natural looking lustrous shades, including Sunset Glo, Earth Brown, Tawny Blonde and Neutral (which gives the hair shimmering, lustrous highlights without adding color[/FONT]

CAPlush said:
I have used the Neutral Hennalucent twice. It wasn't the same formula Honeydew used, it was the one labeled "100% Organic." I had good results with each use, my new growth detangled very easily and my hair felt very soft. I added Amla oil and WGO to the mixture and let it sit several hours w/o heat.

The one I used does say 100% organic.

march87 said:
AR_UCR_Hennalucent_PrdctGr.jpg
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Ardell line and available only at beauty supply stores, is Hennalucent a line of high-quality henna hair treatments.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Regular henna is not recommended for use on hair that has been chemically treated. Hennalucent Semi-Permanent Hair Color and Conditioner is a 100 percent organic translucent toner and conditioner that can be used on permed or relaxed hair safely. In fact, it will restore elasticity, body and shine as it contains hydrolyzed animal protein, plant extracts and henna. Henna is a vegetable-based dye which is made into a paste with water and then applied to the hair to create a strong, red-orange shade that lasts about as long as semi-permanent color. Ardell Hennalucent Semi-Permanent Hair Color and Conditioner is a henna-based,100% organic haircolor, available in five shade plus neutral. Rich in proteins and organic conditioners, it contains no metallic salts so it is safe for chemically treated hair. Color fades naturally in 6 to 8 weeks. These are the only professsional henna products that penetrate the hair shaft through natural organic absorbtion, to deliver long-lasting shine, body, and beautiful highlights. These treatments are compatible with all other salon services, including perms, because they do not coat the hair like ordinary henna does. Hennalucent is available in 8 natural looking lustrous shades, including Sunset Glo, Earth Brown, Tawny Blonde and Neutral (which gives the hair shimmering, lustrous highlights without adding color[/FONT]

That 2nd one is the one I used.

Ladies I have some boxes of these (Neutral) if you want them. I have 6 boxes that I can send to anyone if they can cover the shipping, which will not be that much.

I got them from Sally's on clearance (this Sally's was no londer going to sell the Neutral :confused: ). These are in the display box that the retailers get.

I really liked Hennalucent after I tried it the first time time. That's why I bought them. After I started using BAQ henna with my own mixes, I don't like the Hennalucent anymore. Plus, it made my scalp tingle. I prefer the coolness that my henna/cassia/yogurt mixes give me.

I've used hennalucent from Sally BSS before. I loved it. Let me see if I can find the thread and bump it for you.

HoneyDew said:
Ladies I have some boxes of these (Neutral) if you want them. I have 6 boxes that I can send to anyone if they can cover the shipping, which will not be that much.

I got them from Sally's on clearance (this Sally's was no londer going to sell the Neutral :confused: ). These are in the display box that the retailers get.

I really liked Hennalucent after I tried it the first time time. That's why I bought them. After I started using BAQ henna with my own mixes, I don't like the Hennalucent anymore. Plus, it made my scalp tingle. I prefer the coolness that my henna/cassia/yogurt mixes give me.

Yall know these got grabbed up quickly right!! :lol: :lol: I am so glad that we are always ready to help another sista out by taking products off her hands. :) Now I have some room in my PJ closet for new stuff! :eyebrows2

I have the second one from the end. I think I will use it then graduate up to cassia, I just had toget my fix I was itchin.:whyme:

:( the old formula was better. I used hennalucent on my hair for 2 years straight. I used burgundy and bark brown colors. Right now I am transitioning to get back to my original poo brown color :lol: darn you Bigen!!! :swearing:

Back