Henna & Yogurt

I added water too, I didn't add the yogurt until right before I put it on, it came out good, I'm using CPR as a deep conditioner and I don't want to have too much protein. Also, what can I mix with it so my greys don't look reddish gold?

I am going to try Motions Silk Protein conditioner this weekend. I mixed a little together and it totally got smooth like when I do it with Yogurt.

Another good one is the Lustrasilk cheapie Cholesterol conditioners. The Shea butter one is good and reminds me of the yogurt.

I mixed the Henna with water and let it sit for about 3 - 4 days and right before I applied it I added, Amla oil and Elucence Conditioner. It was smooth as pudding.

I had one of my Indian co-workers go out and buy some henna for me this week. When she brought it back, she gave me the recipe that she and many other indian women use when the henna their hair, which was: egg yolk, not the entire egg, yogart, amla oil and 1/4 packet of henna. She said you could add water to it but they don't add hair conditioners. She said afterwards, they wash their hair with shakakai and moisturize with coconut milk and oil. I'm going to try it for the first time this weekend and I think I'm going to use the coconut milk in the mix instead of the water and see how it turns out. I'll update you guys on how it turns out.

deontaer said:
I had one of my Indian co-workers go out and buy some henna for me this week. When she brought it back, she gave me the recipe that she and many other indian women use when the henna their hair, which was: egg yolk, not the entire egg, yogart, amla oil and 1/4 packet of henna. She said you could add water to it but they don't add hair conditioners. She said afterwards, they wash their hair with shakakai and moisturize with coconut milk and oil. I'm going to try it for the first time this weekend and I think I'm going to use the coconut milk in the mix instead of the water and see how it turns out. I'll update you guys on how it turns out.

I hope she got you BAQ henna. I got some henna for hair at the indian store and it really didn't do much for me.

deontaer said:

That sounds good, please don't forget to let us know how it turned out.

deontaer said:

I think that's interesting that they use only 1/4 of a packet of henna, it sounds like their version of a henna gloss. The moisturizing with coconut milk and oil sounds heavenly. :p

Back