Henna, what color does it turn your hair to?

If you mix henna with indigo you will definitely get a brown color but it won't be light brown.

Henna - pure BAQ quality henna - is reddish orange. Full stop.

Some of the mixes that are available (Lush and Rainbow are two that I know of) have ones that are more brown than red.

If you hair is darker than light brown now, henna cannot/will not make it lighter.

Hey Hidden! I joined the board back when henna was on and popping but never tried it. I've been wondering bout henna too. I've been using a black rinse lately. I luv the rich black color but gettin kinda tired of foolin around wit reapllying da rinse. :rolleyes:

I don't wanna go permanent becuz I don't wanna have to deal wit the lack of moisture and whateva else dat goes along wit it.:yawn:

Sayin all dis to say.........Does anyone know if henna is hurr friendly and can be used to dye my hurr black?:look:

Hey Hidden! I joined the board back when henna was on and popping but never tried it. I've been wondering bout henna too. I've been using a black rinse lately. I luv the rich black color but gettin kinda tired of foolin around wit reapllying da rinse. :rolleyes:

I don't wanna go permanent becuz I don't wanna have to deal wit the lack of moisture and whateva else dat goes along wit it.:yawn:

Sayin all dis to say.........Does anyone know if henna is hurr friendly and can be used to dye my hurr black?:look:

hey Hunny I havn't seen you in a while! :grin:.
Same here I wanted to get my hair cornrowned after i dye it but I'm not trying go henna/red. :nono: I just want abrownish color..
I might just get go get them cornrowed then later on when i have more time get the right mixture for me..

Henna is very hair friendly. I use it because it seals the cuticle and helps heal damaged cuticles. I didn't want the red either. That would fade out on me. I add indigo to it so my hair won't change color. Now I'm concerned with my hair getting darker so I changed from monthly henna's to every two months. If it weren't for the coloring I would use it every two weeks! It's WONDERFUL for the hair!(at least that's been my experience)It also makes your hair thicker strand for strand. Read up on it, you'll like what you see!

I've used Henna only once (i used it for the protein and it made my hair EXTREMELY strong; I'm thinking of using it next month or so)...but anyway, the longer you let the mix sit, the more the dye releases. I let mine sit for about 5-10 minutes after mixing it and i got a medium brown tint to my hair and it's gone completely and my hair is back to its original color.

I think when you let it sit overnight you get the reddish tint...

Since I've been using henna my hair has a very very red glow in the sun. Down it looks highlighted with browns/reds in the light.

Back