Henna vs Color Showers

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I have just recently found out that henna comes in a variety of colors just like Color Showers AND they both are suppose to be good for and to the hair. My question is which one do you do and why?

No, Henna is a red plant dye. There are different things you can add to it to achieve a different color. Coffee, indigo, paprika etc. I use henna because it conditions and gives the appearance of thicker hair. I have not used Color showers yet, but I would love to some day.

I have used both, and I much prefer ColorShowers. My hair feels better, the color lasts longer and there are less steps to achieve my desired color. For instance I wanted my hair Jet Black and I was never able to achieve that with henna, indigo - it always came out a brownish,red color. Color Showers takes about 45 min and I get Jet Black hair, while the Henna would be a half day affair. Also by no means am I saying that Color Showers is a natural product, but it is Olive Oil Based and my hair loves Olive Oil

I use both. I use Color Showers for color, and henna for conditioning purposes only. As someone else previously stated, be very leary of colored henna i.e., brown henna, red henna, etc. The info on hennaforhair.com is great.

The last time I hennaed, I brewed some coffee and added that in and I really liked the color...a deep chocolate brown. I have never used color showers but would like to.

Back