Henna Users: Any of your styling products contain mineral oil?

LovelyMiracle

I've done my first henna and I love the results. After doing some research I saw that using mineral oil would actually strip the henna from your hair. Have any of you that use products that contain mineral oil had any adverse affects or notice that your henna'd hair is affected in any way?

I use amla oil for my pre-poos and it contains mineral oil. I've never had any stripping.

I've also seen yogurt listed as something that will strip henna from your hair but since I actually use yogurt in my henna mixtures I'm not buying that one either.:look:

I remember when I first started hennaing, my jar of Rainbow henna included directions to "strip" henna from the hair in preparation for a chemical service by applying warm mineral oil to the hair. This doesn't make sense to me as henna migrates into the keratin of one's hair so I don't think that can be stripped. :look:

Needless to say I have used products containing mineral oil and haven't had any problems.

I henna and also use Dabur Amla Oil, as well as other products which use mineral oil and have had no ill effects.

Back