Henna Treatments on dyed hair?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cami
  • Start date Start date
C

Cami

I've read the Hennaphillics post and was wondering if anyone can use this product on dyed hair? Which henna is better, the powdered pack or the liquid? I'm very interested in trying this out, I just want to make sure that I can do this with the current color I have in my hair.

Cami there was a note on the hennaphilic thread that all questions pertaining to henna be posted there. This way, anyone interested in trying henna doesn't have to look all over the forum for information pertaining to it, because it will all be located on that thread. The answer to your question is found in abundance within those posts. The only henna brand that I am aware of that is compatible with all chemical services would be hennalucent.

I did not have that option to post a message in that thread. Maybe because the thread already has 20 pages and it wouldn't allow another user to post. I wanted to post, but unfortunately couldnt. If anyone can answer this question, please do so, thanks.

I just posted. You can go to any post in the thread and post. I don't understand what may have happened with your post?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Cami said:
I did not have that option to post a message in that thread. Maybe because the thread already has 20 pages and it wouldn't allow another user to post. I wanted to post, but unfortunately couldnt. If anyone can answer this question, please do so, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Cami,
There's an overload of info in that other thread...It gets confusing. But as far as using henna on hair that's already been dyed... I got this info directly from Shamboosie's book

Henna is metallic in nature, which means that once it is applied to the hair, this product will block any application of ammonia/peroxide based hair color."

I urge you to email HennaJoy before you use Henna in your hair. Especially since you're relaxed. Because you are relaxed you have to be careful of the products you use in your hair with Henna. I had to email HennaJoy and ask specific questions because it was wayyyy too much to decipher from that one thread.

But from Shamboosie's description of Henna, It doesn't sound like you can go dye after a henna app. You also have to be careful of Metallic Salts. I no know nada about Henna, but my hair is similiar to yours(relaxed, colored) and after talking with HennaJoy, I personally have decided NOT to use it.

But talk with HennaJoy. She's very helpful with the info.

Natural Henn is not metallic in nature. Those metallic salts are added to most commercialized products to enhance the color of their henna. There is alot of great info on the henna thread and I would read through it carefully to garner as much accurate and pertainent information regarding henna as I could. HennaJoy already stated that natural henna doesnot contain metallic salts. However, much of the commercial,store bought brands do.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SeaMist said:
Natural Henn is not metallic in nature. Those metallic salts are added to most commercialized products to enhance the color of their henna. There is alot of great info on the henna thread and I would read through it carefully to garner as much accurate and pertainent information regarding henna as I could. HennaJoy already stated that natural henna doesnot contain metallic salts. However, much of the commercial,store bought brands do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read through the thread AND I've talked with HennaJoy directly. I've decided NOT to use Henna, it is not for me at this time.

Whether Henna is metallic in nature or not... the point Shamboosie was trying to make is that one can't dye after a Henna app and I just wanted to point that out to Cami.

HennaJoy stressed to me to outline and know my hair goals and then decide for myself if Henna should be in those plans. And for me it's Not.

Cami didn't stress if she planned on using 100% Henna or the Hennalucent stuff.... So either way, she should be made aware that if she uses henna, dying afterwards may pose a problem.

But for me.... I have enough information.

Back