henna - school me, who, why when and how

preciousstone

I've been seeing diff blurbs about henna. I know there's got to be a henna 101 thread .. can someone please attach the link if you have it.

Basically I want to know
who can henna - what hair types (i'm 4bzzz)
when to henna -
what ppl henna for - moisture, stretching, growth?

thanks ladies

check out hennaforhair.com

who can henna - all hair types from what i know...
when to henna - i henna once per month i've read of folx doing it every 2 weeks
what ppl henna for - i just did my 2nd henna treatment and i started because i wanted to color my greys; the strengthening and thickening qualities are an added bonus for me.

i'm hooked on henna, now!

hth!

Basically I want to know
who can henna - what hair types (i'm 4bzzz)
when to henna -
what ppl henna for - moisture, stretching, growth?

thanks ladies

who can henna - what hair types I'm 4 a/b but it doesn't matter what hair type you are - anyone can henna
when to henna - You can henna whenever-same day as relaxer, twice in one day-3x a week. The only problem is that it can be drying so you have to follow up with a moisturizing deep condish. Henna is great if you want to strengthen you hair....it also seems to thicken the hair strands with continued use. You can also henna to darken your hair or make it red (or variations of red/auburn). If you henna then use indigo right after, your hair will be Jet Black (I did mine this weekend...pic below).
what ppl henna for - Not for moisture but definitely strength and thickness. For my fine/thin hair, it's helping me stretch my relaxer without breakage (going for my 1st 24 week stretch).

Check this site for all you want to know about henna, indigo, alma, etc.
http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/

Attachments

• 123_2317.jpg
    123_2317.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
^^ Thanks for that! I bought some things but I'm confused as far as the different oils and powders and whatnot.

Yea, I don't know what to mix what with what, like should u mix henna and indigo or just use indigo by itself, can i add those oils or powders to it all and will it still come out ok

Back