Henna Questions.

CalJay

I would like to MAYBE try henna. But I have a few questions:

I think I read that you can't use a certain type if you have used chemical relaxers or color?
If so then what kind do they recommend?
What about if you don't want your hair color to change? Is that just something that comes with using Henna?
If it does have an effect on hair color how long was the color noticeable? When does it fade back?

Has anyone STOPPED using Henna after a period of time and had any effects, like did your hair have withdrawals and was super crispy or something?

Thanks to anyone that can answer my few questions!

I think I read that you can't use a certain type if you have used chemical relaxers or color? The only kind you should use is Body Art Quality (BAQ) 100% pure henna - no addetives

If so then what kind do they recommend? - There are different brands such as Jamila, Reshma, Hennera, etc that you can get in your local Indian grocery store and you can order online.

What about if you don't want your hair color to change? Is that just something that comes with using Henna? If you don't want to change your hair color, use Cassia - can be purchased online, too or Amla (will darken, but not turn your hair black), can be purchased at your local Indian grocery store or online

If it does have an effect on hair color how long was the color noticeable? My color is still noticeable and I love it.

When does it fade back? the henna will fade over time, if you don't keep it up, but if you're using Cassia (clear), you don't have anything to worry about.

JLove74 said:
I think I read that you can't use a certain type if you have used chemical relaxers or color? The only kind you should use is Body Art Quality (BAQ) 100% pure henna - no addetives

If so then what kind do they recommend? - There are different brands such as Jamila, Reshma, Hennera, etc that you can get in your local Indian grocery store and you can order online.

What about if you don't want your hair color to change? Is that just something that comes with using Henna? If you don't want to change your hair color, use Cassia - can be purchased online, too or Amla (will darken, but not turn your hair black), can be purchased at your local Indian grocery store or online

If it does have an effect on hair color how long was the color noticeable? My color is still noticeable and I love it.

When does it fade back? the henna will fade over time, if you don't keep it up, but if you're using Cassia (clear), you don't have anything to worry about.

ITA, and OT, your son is adorable!

Back