Henna question

Amoreofcurls

I tried to find the answer to this on google on here, and other henna sites but couldnt find the right way to word it...

After you mix your henna, if you let it sit for 24hours (lets say on a furnace) for dye release...Will you be able to leave it on your actual hair for less time,(2-3 hours) and get a really good stain?

Basically, The time more you let it sit (no more than 24hrs), the quicker dye release you will get.... no?

I actually have never let my henna sit overnight - 20 minutes at the most, and have often left it on for about 4 hours, and still got color deposit. But my hair is also lighter and henna tends to show up on me even if I don't want it to, lol.

I let my Henna sit overnight (in the kitchen) with a Towel over it. I apply it the next morning/next day for about 3-4 hours wrapped tightly in Saran Wrap with a Plastic Cap.

I think the answer to your question is yes. I have let my henna sit for 3 days in a warm place and the color seems to release more and more when I went back to stir it.

Back