Henna Mixes and Colors Achieved (Kinda long…)

BioGeekChic

I want to try henna but I am worried about the color that I will achieve which I believe is based upon the mixture used. In addition to checking out the henna thread, which by the way is really long, I went on to hennaforhair.com and they have an section entitled mixes where people have posted starting hair pics, recipes & regimens, and then the color that resulted afterwards using either henna, cassia, or indigo hair mixtures.
So I was thinking that it would be nice to have a similar color chart reference here. One where people could come to choose a henna color they would like to achieve. So if anyone is willing :yep: please fill out the following questions.

Note: Even if you were not attempting to achieve a specific color and intended only to use it for its conditioning properties. Feel free to still post your regimen and pics.

Thanks in advance. :grin:

What was you starting hair color (before applying henna)?
What recipe did you use and how did you apply it?
Can you describe the color that was achieved following your treatment?
Do you have any starting pics? Do you have any pics after applying henna/cassia/indigo?
In addition to color did you receive any additional benefits from using your recipe?

henna_history2.jpg

Now-a-days I only use henna, water and tea tree oil. The second picture I used tumeric, alma, henna, paprika, coffee, and lemon (yuck!)

My indigo mix has only indigo and hot water.

The wash n go and 8 months post pictures in my signature are also indigo only. I only henna after 4 or so indigos.
HTH

I just completed a two step henna /indigo process and got beautiful black hair that even covered the new grays totally. I ordered my products from Reverend Bunny (Catherine), U.S. and Hennasoog (Canada). HTH bonjour

Back