Henna in braids? Anyone?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I want to henna my hair but just cornrowed it up.

**Warning: Lazy question alert**

So my question is, has anyone ever henna'd in braids? I know it might require more effort to wash it all out but, is it possible? :perplexed

It may depend on your mixture, but I don't think you'll ever be able to rinse and/or co-wash it all out.

That henna is unrelenting in staying put until there's enough manipulation to dislodge it and thoroughly rinse it out.

You may have a disaster on your hands.

I think it's a bad idea for the same reasons. Rinsing it out of loose hair is already a task, so imagine trying to manuever around some braids. Also, the henna won't even reach all of your hair. If you're in the middle of it and decide you want to take the braids down, you haven't removed shed hair so that could be another issue altogether.

I wouldnt do it.
but my friend hennas her locs, she uses tripple sifted henna and employs the dunking method. after she rinses under the shower she gets a pail of water dunks her head in and swishes her hair around while squeezing her locs ---- kinda like agitating in a washing machine.

whole process takes abt 30 mins minimum and her locks are only shoulder length.

Ahhh rats. No easy way out. Ok, I guess I'm taking my braids out when my henna comes in. Thanks, ladies.

you better not. we'd have to come to your house, help you GENTLY take out the braids and get allll of that residue out of your head. it took me forever to rinse henna out of loose hair, i cant fathom doing it on braids.

I wouldnt do it.
but my friend hennas her locs, she uses tripple sifted henna and employs the dunking method. after she rinses under the shower she gets a pail of water dunks her head in and swishes her hair around while squeezing her locs ---- kinda like agitating in a washing machine.

whole process takes abt 30 mins minimum and her locks are only shoulder length.

I used henna regularly with locks. I didn't do all that tho. :) I just rinsed in sections like some ppl do loose hair. Not everything will come out in the shower - but if you get most of it out, the rest falls out when your hair dries. When I cut my locks there was no lingering henna in them. I usually get my henna from my fave Indian store. So back to OP's question if these are braids without extensions then yes you can use henna on them.

IA w/Tiye.
My main protective style is cornrows under wigs/headwraps and I don't take my hair down to wash or do treatments. I just make sure that I rinse VERY well. I also use more cheapie condish and apply it with heat before rinsing out the powder mix.

I've since switched to cowashing with it instead, but I did the other method for a long time with no adverse reactions.

If you're still nervous though, you could go ahead and make a tea instead or put a little bit of powder in a lot of water and pour it on that way.

GL!

@NJoy

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I dont wanna any help.....feels too good! Ok, ok, when is your next update? I was so close to seeing your pics in the HL thread but all i got was *poof*

My Friend
:lachen: Yeah. The first step is admitting there's a problem. You're clearly not there yet. :lachen:

I wasn't even supposed to post that because of HYH... :sekret: But, I'll PM you a peek. :lol: My official next update will be at the end of the year....and I can't WAIT! :drunk:

Back