Henna Horror... My hands are orange!!!!

IndianAngel22

So my stupid butt decided to do a last minute Henna. I bought some hair weave that's like a 4 to make some clips, and my hair was too dark so I decided to do a really good Henna dye/gloss. I let the container sit for about an hour or more in some hott water and the dye released FAST!!!! I was so excited after washing my hair I put my hands straight in it and slathered it all over, put on my cap, rinsed my hands off and then........... ORANGE HANDS!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!! I look like an alien! And I go on spring break on Monday!!!!!

So I immediately got to washing and scratching my hands with my nails which are also orange. Then I grabbed the dawn and used that, which kindof worked. Then I slathered my hands in hand sanitizer because it has alcohol in it. It worked kindof! Now I just look like I applied some fake tanner and my hands are just glowing a little bit. Oh boy..... What to do what to dooooooooooooo

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Well I guess you didnt know that you were suppose to wear gloves huh. It'll fade though, hopefully in time for Spring Break

By the way, it happened to me my first time, too. I wore gloves to put it in, but didn't think I needed them to rinse it out...I was wrong:grin: my hands turned orange, too.

It's okay. Try using a mild exfoliant daily, since it's the top layer of skin that's dyed.

henna is used in Mehndi and it takes about 2-3 weeks (generally) to fade. MyAngelEyez's suggestion of an exfoliant is a very good one. Maybe try lemon juice too.

Use a homemade scrub of sugar, lemon juice and a tiny drop of honey every day for the next 3 days. . . your hands should lighten up considerably.

I don't think it will fade from your nails. You will have to just clip the orange as they grow.

Yeah, it will fade no need to worry. I remember when I was younger, I had Yemeni friend and her family would henna the tips of her fingers for Ramadan every year. It's pretty cool (to me anyway)

I don't think it will fade from your nails. You will have to just clip the orange as they grow.

Yes, your nails will have to grow out. I made the same mistake and it took a couple of months for the dyed nails to grow out. I suggest investing in some pretty fingernail polish.:yep:

Oh wow! In the henna for hair link I sent you it talks about the "orange hands" problem if you don't use gloves. It'll fade with time.

I've done two henna treatments back to back in the last two weeks without using gloves, and my palms have completely faded. It only took a few days for my palms to fade, and my nails are about 85% faded. Don't worry too much about it, I know I didn't. I was too busy looking at the pretty color :grin:

Also try washing hands quickly with color developer/peroxide. I use it to remove color from my face.

Sweetheart don't fret, put some bleach in a bowl of water and a soapy agent and soak for a couple minutes, while rubbing your hands together, it'll fade.

Back