Henna Help Please

motherx2esq

I went into an Indian store today and bought two Henna boxes. One is Dulhan Mehendi Deluxe Heena (yes, two es) Powder and the other is Beauty Herbal Henna Plus coffee, Mehendi blended with Amla Brahmi, Shikakai, Mahabringraj, Tannin ect. for Hair Coulouring and conditioning. Does anyone know what color my hair will turn out or what this is. I am going to do some research before applying it. They did not have Indigo Henna and acted as if they did not know what it was. He also called another store and they had the same thing. They both are in green boxes. I will post a picture later. Anyone that can help, please. I am so NEW to henna. I know to stay away from Black Henna but that is it!

motherx2esq said:
I went into an Indian store today and bought two Henna boxes. One is Dulhan Mehendi Deluxe Heena (yes, two es) Powder and the other is Beauty Herbal Henna Plus coffee, Mehendi blended with Amla Brahmi, Shikakai, Mahabringraj, Tannin ect. for Hair Coulouring and conditioning. Does anyone know what color my hair will turn out or what this is. I am going to do some research before applying it. They did not have Indigo Henna and acted as if they did not know what it was. He also called another store and they had the same thing. They both are in green boxes. I will post a picture later. Anyone that can help, please. I am so NEW to henna. I know to stay away from Black Henna but that is it!

Henna is henna. I've never heard of Indigo henna, maybe that's way they didn't understand. It's just called indigo.

I've never heard of the one mixed with coffee. I can only say that your best bet is to go with what has been tested buy some of the other ladies, with is pure 100% henna. Because what is the etc., you mention? Could be metallics or other additives.

JLove74 said:
Henna is henna. I've never heard of Indigo henna, maybe that's way they didn't understand. It's just called indigo.

I've never heard of the one mixed with coffee. I can only say that your best bet is to go with what has been tested buy some of the other ladies, with is pure 100% henna. Because what is the etc., you mention? Could be metallics or other additives.

That's what I thought...what is etc??? I know a couple of the ladies here said that they bout henna at their local Indian store but never stated the type or anything and I was just wondering what were they buying at stores. I mean I only paid like .99 for my henna. So I am going to do a strand test. I really want to know what they are buying at atcual stores. Nothing says 100% natural Henna.

motherx2esq said:
That's what I thought...what is etc??? I know a couple of the ladies here said that they bout henna at their local Indian store but never stated the type or anything and I was just wondering what were they buying at stores. I mean I only paid like .99 for my henna. So I am going to do a strand test. I really want to know what they are buying at atcual stores. Nothing says 100% natural Henna.

The brands I've used and purchased from local Indian stores are Jamila & Reshma.

I'm sorry but all that stuff sounds suspect. I wouldn't trust it. Too many concoctions all in one.

My brand is AFSHAN from local Indian markets. I paid $1.99 for a 3.5ounce box. One box has lasted for two treatments, the remainder should do one more treatment. I mixed with amla powder, my kitchen self-made rosemary/ sage/coconut oil and straight coconut oil. My beautician on Saturday told me she loved my highlights, the wide brown gold parts of my hair are very nice and natural looking. I would love to darken the silver with Indigo but cannot find it locally.

motherx2esq said:

Okay I found out what these are.

Amla Brahmi~is special blend of Brahmi oil and Amla oil gives complete nourishment to hair controls, dandruff and prevent premature greying of hair. Keeps head cool and aids in improvement of memory

Mahabhringraj Oil~ is scientifically prepared with ayurvedic herbs in pure Til oil. It is highly effective & excellent remedy for Dandruff. Its regular use prevents premature graying, hair fall, Sleeplessness, and headache. It keeps the brain cool.

Tannin Extract~are astringent, bitter-tasting plant polyphenols that bind and precipitateproteins.

Not so affraid now!

there's henna then there's indigo that changes the hair colour black. If you mix natural henna which gives hair a red colour but looks green when you mix it with indigo you get the conditioning and strenghtening of henna and the indigo makes it come out a dark brown colour. henna 1st indigo 2nd gives black /jet black. hth
check the henna site
http://www.mehandi.com/

I'm confused :confused:

So is indigo not BAQ? I.e. safe to use over syntheic dyes. I have purchased henna and indigo from hennahair.com, and have a dyed ends - should it be okay for me to henna with these?

also whats the best method to take i.e. henna first and wash out, then apply the indigo (separeately) then wash out?

or combine indigo and henna, I'm after black hair results...

is indigo, also known as black henna?

TIA

So is indigo not BAQ? I.e. safe to use over syntheic dyes. I have purchased henna and indigo from hennahair.com, and have a dyed ends - should it be okay for me to henna with these? Yes, they are both perfectly safe to use over dyed hair.

also whats the best method to take i.e. henna first and wash out, then apply the indigo (separeately) then wash out? or combine indigo and henna, I'm after black hair results...Depending on if you want to achieve jet black hair or dark drown. To get dark brown mix the indigo with the henna. To get jet black, henna your hair first, rinse and the apply the indigo and rinse

is indigo, also known as black henna? Indigo is just known as indigo, henna is henna

I've used Dulhan Deluxe Heena Powder for 2 months. The box says "can also be used for the hair".Several henna sites sell it. It gives me beautiful reds, and I just discovered that I can let it set for 2 hours instead of 10-12 hrs. I mix with 2 tbl amla oil, 2 tbl amla powder and enough hot water to make a paste. Before applying I add 2 tbl of SE Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner. I sit under the dryer for 1 hr and sit around for 2 hrs.
I know Priestess and at least one other member use Dulhan too.

tenderheaded said:
I've used Dulhan Deluxe Heena Powder for 2 months. The box says "can also be used for the hair".Several henna sites sell it. It gives me beautiful reds, and I just discovered that I can let it set for 2 hours instead of 10-12 hrs. I mix with 2 tbl amla oil, 2 tbl amla powder and enough hot water to make a paste. Before applying I add 2 tbl of SE Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner. I sit under the dryer for 1 hr and sit around for 2 hrs.
I know Priestess and at least one other member use Dulhan too.

Thank you. I am so glad you get good results fwom it. I am going to use it but I am still trying to find Indigo. It's hard to find here. I like black hair on me. I have more questions to ask. I am going to PM you if it is okay.

Back