Henna Gloss Users & Experts::::Questions

Missi

Is henna gloss like a permanent glosser for your hair: sometimes when I flat iron my hair: it lacks great shine: I don't want to add serums in terms of it will weigh my hair down. Besides the new growth growing: will henna gloss make my hair shiney: like clear nail polish and where away: or will it last?

I am not an expert but I did a henna gloss and I got a lot of color. If you are looking for shine, you should try Cassia not Henna. Cassia will give you shinny hair without worring about color deposit.

la flaca said:
I am not an expert but I did a henna gloss and I got a lot of color. If you are looking for shine, you should try Cassia not Henna. Cassia will give you shinny hair without worring about color deposit.

I would love color: between you and Clve_Gyrl: i love those rich brown colors and yall hair: that inspired me for the thread:
Is the Cassia like a dye for shine: If henna has the shine as well as giving me the brown color: was ur opinion on the henna glosser: My hair is currently black: but i'm not dying it anymore: my natural hair is a 80% dark brown 15% medium brown & 5% red: I would die to have ur hair color in ur Henna pics: If I want gloss & and rich brown color in my hair which would u recommend:

WillyGWifey said:
I would love color: between you and Clve_Gyrl: i love those rich brown colors and yall hair: that inspired me for the thread:
Is the Cassia like a dye for shine: If henna has the shine as well as giving me the brown color: was ur opinion on the henna glosser: My hair is currently black: but i'm not dying it anymore: my natural hair is a 80% dark brown 15% medium brown & 5% red: I would die to have ur hair color in ur Henna pics: If I want gloss & and rich brown color in my hair which would u recommend:

Cassia will not dye your hair, it will make it shiny and if you want a rich brown then you will have to mix henna with indigo. The more indigo you use add the darker the brown you will get.

I used Henna/Indigo/amla and some honey to make my mix.

This is my recipe:
Samples from hennaforhair.com

3 henna samples
2 Indigo samples
1 Amla Sample

Henna gloss
I first mixed the henna with warm water and let it rest for an hour, then added water to the indigo/amla when the henna was ready. I Mixed them all with Elasta QR-11 Conditioner and added vatika oil and honey.

I did it like a Deep conditioner with cap/heat for 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Forgive me La Flaca & Cleve Gryl: I just had too: if its a prob: plz let me kno ASAP: both of yall henna and the color is beautiful: I think I should use Cassia until my black dye is completely gone: but the Henna/Indigo/Amla mix is what gave you those beautiful light brown highlights?

DSC00656.jpg
HennaShine.jpg

Last edited:
This is my take on this-

Henna gloss is simply adding condish to your henna recipe.

It does leave the hair with more moisture & shine, which lasts a bit, but is not permanent. It's very temporary.

I have even added heat to the whole recipe & have gotten great color, coverage of grays, condition, & shine.

WillyGWifey said:
Forgive me La Flaca & Cleve Gryl: I just had too: if its a prob: plz let me kno ASAP: both of yall henna and the color is beautiful: I think I should use Cassia until my black dye is completely gone: but the Henna/Indigo/Amla mix is what gave you those beautiful light brown highlights?

DSC00656.jpg
Yes and no!!:D
No 'cause I had highlites done to the the top of my hair before. It was last year but still that part of my hair was lighter than the rest. And yes 'casue I didn't have any color left from the hightlights. My hair was just lighter in the front, so that's the color I got from the henna/indigo/amla. You should look at the others pixs (back of my head) to make sure if you really like the color.

I hope this is not too confusing:ohwell:

la flaca said:
WillyGWifey said:

DSC00656.jpg
Yes and no!!:D
No 'cause I had highlites done to the the top of my hair before. It was last year but still that part of my hair was lighter than the rest. And yes 'casue I didn't have any color left from the hightlights. My hair was just lighter in the front, so that's the color I got from the henna/indigo/amla. You should look at the others pixs (back of my head) to make sure if you really like the color.

I hope this is not too confusing:ohwell:

yeah its the color I want: i've always wanted that color but some times my hair can look dull and I don't like that: Is the henna gloss something you can add w/ ur conditioner for gloss @ anytime: for ex: every 4 weeks i can henna gloss: I'm a newbie on Henna all togther so forgive me: I would love to use Cassia & Henna Gloss: I just don't know: how to use it: what it does: how it does it: how it works: wat are the results: & how it last.

:wave: Hey!! I'm here...Ok, forgive me for not knowing for sure the difference between a gloss and a treatment. I put the henna goo ALL over my hair...and I think a gloss is just touching up the roots?? Or, is it what you mix into the henna? I dunno :confused:

I am a henna convert for real. I've done a full head treatment 3 times now, and each time I get a richer color, stronger strands, and shinier hair. I love it!! WillyG, if you're not afraid of some color go for the henna. I use plain ole Jamila and have never mixed in any Indigo.

Cleve_gryl said:
:wave: Hey!! I'm here...Ok, forgive me for not knowing for sure the difference between a gloss and a treatment. I put the henna goo ALL over my hair...and I think a gloss is just touching up the roots?? Or, is it what you mix into the henna? I dunno :confused:

I am a henna convert for real. I've done a full head treatment 3 times now, and each time I get a richer color, stronger strands, and shinier hair. I love it!! WillyG, if you're not afraid of some color go for the henna. I use plain ole Jamila and have never mixed in any Indigo.

your potion is:
Jamila Henna & Gloss
if so: where can I get some

WillyGWifey said:
your potion is:
Jamila Henna & Gloss
if so: where can I get some

No...My potion is Jamila Henna (found at the Indian Grocery store) mixed with hot water to make a green paste. I let this sit overnight covered in the kitchen for about 12 hours, so the color releases. In the morning before I'm ready to use it, I mixed in some coconut milk, EVOO, and honey. Stirred it up real good until it was smooth and almost like a relaxer consistency.

Some of the ladies say henna gloss..I've heard others say henna treatment. I don't know if they're one in the same type application or what. All I know is I lurbe me some henna :D Good luck with your henna experiment!!! I think you'll love the result. PM me if you need help!

Back