Henna Dye, Supposed to be good, Anyone try it

AnnDriena_

I'm obsessed with having jet black, ink black hair. I had been using Feria in Starry Black and I loved it, problem is it isn't permanent like it says on the box and my stylist said she could see the red in it. But henna is supposed to be a good conditioner and since I'm only depositing color anyway (the feria was good and had an excellent conditioner) I'm trying to dye it again. With my newgrowth you can see my natural reddish hair color. Has anyone tried henna??

I just tried the ebony black last week. It did seem to darken my hair color (which is a brown), but not as much as I would have hoped. Also it is a bit messy and gritty (since it is from a plant extract). So if u are looking for jet black I dont think u are going to get that.

Hi AnnDriena,
I have been using henna on my hair for the last two months and haven't experienced breakage or dryness yet. You might want to PM Hennajoy she was the one that gave me excellant advice on using henna on relaxed hair. Make sure the henna is 100% pure. I hope this helps.
Bridgette

My mom uses henna on her hair regularly. Is stinks too
crazy.gif
The color is reddish though.

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
i thought you can not get a jet black colour with henna alone. you have to mix it with indigo

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. I've used henna, and it does give a reddish tint. It may be safe for you to use "black henna", but you'll definitely need to do a strand test, especially since you are relaxed and color-treated. You may have to wait and grow the other color out.

Here's some good sites for info:
www.everydayhenna.com
www.hennaforhair.com

Back