Henna + Deep Cond = A Great Head of Hair!

SparklingFlame

The other day I was thinking to myself that I could boost up my deep cond by adding some henna to it. When I do my henna treatments I always do a DC immediatly afterwards. So I figured why not knock out 2 birds with one stone and mix them both together and sit under the dryer. Well friends, it made my hair feel sooooooo good! It had strength, plus it was soft. Just the right combo! I will definatly be doing this from now on!

naturallady said:
The other day I was thinking to myself that I could boost up my deep cond by adding some henna to it. When I do my henna treatments I always do a DC immediatly afterwards. So I figured why not knock out 2 birds with one stone and mix them both together and sit under the dryer. Well friends, it made my hair feel sooooooo good! It had strength, plus it was soft. Just the right combo! I will definatly be doing this from now on!

Some ladies do this. I was going to try it after I take off my braids.

amina kamal said:
What was the ratio of condish to henna? Was it mostly henna or mostly condish? Which conditioner did you use?
I'm not sure the ratio. I would guess and say it was like 50 grams of henna. I dumped it in a half full jar of Elasta QP DPR-11.

JLove74 said:
isn't that just called a henna gloss?

I posted a thread about Henna Glossing a while back, it uses the same principle of mixing a conditioner (non silicone base w/henna). I like doing this though I don't sit under the dryer with it!

This is what I do for a Henna Gloss! It is great that you stumbled upon it. It will get you HOOOKED!

Softresses

I pretty much do the same. Henna, indigo, amla powder, evoo, honey, DPR11. I absolutely love it. My hair feels so wonderful when I'm done. I usually sit under the dryer for an hour or so with my hair wrapped in my concoction. I do a final rinse using NTM and I feel like I love my hair when normally my hair gets on my dayum nerves!!!:lol:

Well the first time I tried henna it made my hair hard....I am thinking it was the brand that I used but I have been mixing conditioner in my mixes ever since

I wanted to start doing that after i get my perm so i was wondering, how long can this mixture last after i mix these things? Should i do enough for one treatment or can i just do enough to last me a couple treatments (for a couple of months)? What do you guys think?

The lady who originated the Henna Glossing Technique on the web says she saved her's for a few weeks at a time, she keep it refrigerated though.

There's a link in the Henna Glossing thread if you want to read what she wrote specifically.

I used to henna and deep condition a few years back when my hair was really jacked up weak and breaking. I would then apply oil and marinate that for a couple of days and then shampoo. bonjour

I recently read some really old threads about Henna (from 2002 and 2003) and quite a few of the ladies used a "homemade Herbal tame" recipe. The recipe was quite similar to yours except additional herbs (nettle, cornsilk, sage, etc) and oils were added to the "henna"/conditioner mix.

Cayenne0622 said:
I pretty much do the same. Henna, indigo, amla powder, evoo, honey, DPR11. I absolutely love it. My hair feels so wonderful when I'm done. I usually sit under the dryer for an hour or so with my hair wrapped in my concoction. I do a final rinse using NTM and I feel like I love my hair when normally my hair gets on my dayum nerves!!!:lol:

Oooh, that recipie sounds so yummy! I plan on whipping up a conncoction like that this weekend. :drunk:

naturallady said:
I will definitely try this! I also dc right after I henna. Do you still get curl definition from the henna when you mix with the dc?

naturallady said:
I'm not sure the ratio. I would guess and say it was like 50 grams of henna. I dumped it in a half full jar of Elasta QP DPR-11.
Did you allow time to let the color release or did you use it right away?

I have been wanting to try henna for a while now but was clueless on what and how to use it. I think I wil try this method (plus I need to strengthen my hair anyway). But now I just have to figure out what kind of henna to use.

I didnt know this was called Henna Gloss! Kewl! Thats what i do as well, mix my Henna w/Suave Milk & Honey COnditioner + a few of my fav. oils. Ix-nay on the heat though. :)

I love how this makes my hair too!!!! :D

Back