Henna coloring accident please help

deborah11

I wanted to condition my hair with henna and I accidently colored it. I mixed together about 1/4 cup of henna (purchased from nature with love), hair conditioner, 1 tbsp bringhari powder, 1 tbsp shakiki powder, and 1 tbsp cocoasta (hairveda) oil. I applied it to my hair and wrapped my hair in saran wrap for 1 hour and then I rinsed this henna mix out. My natural hair color b4 my henna treatment was a off black (1B) color. My hair now appears lighter (between 1B and 2 but not as light as a 2) with brownish highlights and I don't like it. What can I do to get my hair to darken back up? I like the conditioning effects of the henna but I prefer darker hair. I have done this treatment before without color changes. The only thing that I did different this time was to wrap my hair in the saran wrap and I guess the heat caused the color change in my hair. Is there anything that I can do to get my color back? I have never colored my hair before this incident and I really don't know anything about hair coloring. I appreciate all your help and replies.

That's interesting that you mentioned your hair looks as if its been lightened. Maybe it's the lighting in the room you're in? Henna cannot lighten hair.

But yes, when you process henna with heat, the color release speeds up a bit. If you want to go back to your hair color before, consider a rinse, like clairol jazzings. it's not permanent, though, and you won't be able to get rid of the red color until it grows out (unless you incorporate some indigo into your next henna session.

You could try using indigo.

I'm unsure how soon after using henna you have to use it.

It's probably safe to use most rinses over henna too (I have)... some henna expert can come in and correct me if I'm wrong.

I stopped using henna for a long while because I didn't like the fact it was turning my almost pitch black hair this reddish brown color. But now I'm using hendigo (henna mixed with indigo leaves) and I like it because it preserves my dark hair color and doesn't make it look lighter.

I stopped using henna for a long while because I didn't like the fact it was turning my almost pitch black hair this reddish brown color. But now I'm using hendigo (henna mixed with indigo leaves) and I like it because it preserves my dark hair color and doesn't make it look lighter.

Yes, Muffin this is exactly what I mean, I don't like the reddish brown color. Where do you purchase the hendigo from? Thanks so much.

Back