Henna & Castor Oil

I was thinking the same exact thing. I plan on trying it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

I haven't but I can't see why not as long as it's diluted. It's kinda sticky at 100% strength.

Yes! I do add Jamaican Black Castor Oil!

This is my mix:

Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner
Jamilla Henna
JBCO
EVOO
Honey
Coconut Oil
Amla Oil

The results: thicker, stronger, shiny, conditioned hair with NO color release. I love it! I add the Castor Oil for thickening and softening, and its wonderful. Im about to Henna in 30 minutes, in fact! :lol:

KiniKakes said:

This is my mix:

Jamilla Henna
JBCO
EVOO
Honey
Coconut Oil
Amla Oil

The results: thicker, stronger, shiny, conditioned hair with NO color release. I love it! I add the Castor Oil for thickening and softening, and its wonderful. Im about to Henna in 30 minutes, in fact! :lol:

How long in advance do you prepare your mix before applying it? and how long do you leave it on your hair for? do you use heat with the henna?

Keen said:
How long in advance do you prepare your mix before applying it? and how long do you leave it on your hair for? do you use heat with the henna?

I put it on IMMEDIETELY after mixing..... because i am trying to avoid color release. The longer it sits, the more color it releases. But since im using it for conditioning effects ONLY i dont want that.

I leave it on for about 1.5 hours...... no heat! Just a shower cap, and chilling in front of the computer perusing LHCF. :lol:

KiniKakes said:
I put it on IMMEDIETELY after mixing..... because i am trying to avoid color release. The longer it sits, the more color it releases. But since im using it for conditioning effects ONLY i dont want that.

I leave it on for about 1.5 hours...... no heat! Just a shower cap, and chilling in front of the computer perusing LHCF. :lol:

I am *so* trying that as soon as my henna gets delivered. I'll use a different oil/condish mix, though. So you haven't noticed any color change? That's what I want - henna shine but no color. Do you add boiling or hot water to the henna? That's supposed to "kill" it and prevent color release as well....

I'm going to put a little in tonight with my conditioner and see how I like it, henna is so much fun I love all the different mixes you can do.

preciousjewel76 said:
I am *so* trying that as soon as my henna gets delivered. I'll use a different oil/condish mix, though. So you haven't noticed any color change? That's what I want - henna shine but no color. Do you add boiling or hot water to the henna? That's supposed to "kill" it and prevent color release as well....

Girl, I poured hot water in my henna tonight...that's how I make the color develop hours faster! :lol:

For as little henna color as possible, just slop it on as soon as you mix it up...then don't leave it on for long.

If you want the shine and no color, try cassia. It gives the same bling, but without any color deposit. :grin:

KiniKakes said:

Thanks. i do the same thing but I go under the dryer. I'll stop that unless I want color release.

WomanlyCharm said:
Girl, I poured hot water in my henna tonight...that's how I make the color develop hours faster! :lol:

For as little henna color as possible, just slop it on as soon as you mix it up...then don't leave it on for long.

If you want the shine and no color, try cassia. It gives the same bling, but without any color deposit. :grin:

I've tried cassia a few times...it was OK, but I hear that henna gives you even more shine & strength. I'll just mix it up and use it right away, like KiniKakes suggests. Thanks, though!

WomanlyCharm said:

Thanks for the tip about the hot water, WomanlyCharm! I'm doing my next henna treatment next weekend. Can't wait!

reading this thread has inspired me to try another henna treatment... using the ingredients that kinikakes listed (minus the suave - forgot that when i first mixed it so it was only in the second half of the batch :grin: ) and now i'm under the heating cap because i know that my hair just responds better to conditioning when it's heated...

let's hope for a successful outcome this time around... :lol:

SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although my shower looked horrendous after i washed the henna out, my hair was extremely lush... i didn't have to deep condition after for moisture either (like i had to the first time)... i am very impressed and now i can add henna as part of my permanent regimen... i'm really interested to see how the color turns out next time i straighten.... my hair gets reddish on it's own, who knows how the henna will effect it (although i don't wait for a color release)....

KiniKakes said:

This is my mix:

Jamilla Henna
JBCO
EVOO
Honey
Coconut Oil
Amla Oil

Thank I'm gonna try this.

Back