HENNA APPLICATION WITH A RELAXER???????/

mstasha

I WAS WANTING TO USE A HENNA TREATMENT BUT WHAT I DID NOT UNDERSTAND WAS IF YOU HAVE A RELAXER IS IT BEST TO USE IT BEFORE OR AFTER THE APPLICATION AND HOW MANY WEEKS BEFORE OR AFTER SHOULD YOU APPLY THE HENNA TREATMENT?

You should definitely relax before the henna application. Henna coats the strands of the hair and if applied before the relaxer, you would not get the hair as straight. I would recommend you apply the henna maybe a week after your relaxer - someone else could probably tell you better how to space the applications. Also, after the henna be sure to follow with a rich, moisturizing conditioner. I am sure you already do the same with your relaxer.

I apply henna every 4 - 5 weeks.

Nina

mstasha,
just make sure this is what you want because once you do a henna(lucent) treatment, you cannot use permanet color on your hair. i wanted to use an herbal essence color to lighten the darkness that hennalucent did to my hair (turned it jet black), but i cant unless i cut my hair off because henna is not compatible with hydrogen peroxide or ammonia. and nothing removes henna from your hair. so just be sure. good luck.

If you are speaking of the Aphogee protein treatment then I would not suggest it. Henna is protein just as Aphogee and both have a tendency to leave the hair dry/brittle if not followed with a rich conditioner. You wouldn't want to over do the protein.

Nina

thanks soooooo much I was going to do the treatment this weekend and get my relaxer next weekend. so I guess i'm waiting until after the relaxer.

Back