Henna and Protein

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I did a henna treatment last weekend and I wanna do the Aphogee 2 min next weekend right before I go back into my braids is this wise or am I setting myself up for a set back?

If you feel your hair needs it, then do it. Although henna "acts" like a protein, it isn't. I personally have to do a protein treatment 1-2 wks after doing henna, no setbacks.

In addition to what Eisani said above, as long as your hair's well moisturised after your henna (cowashing, dc'ing, etc), there should be no problem at all.

Since you're natural, you may want to be careful with a hard protein treatment. I like to use the Aphogee Keratin 2-min weekly or so, cause it's lighter. Just be careful not to do both henna and protein in the same week, and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Since you're natural, you may want to be careful with a hard protein treatment. I like to use the Aphogee Keratin 2-min weekly or so, cause it's lighter. Just be careful not to do both henna and protein in the same week, and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks for all the advise ladies. I am not "natural" I havent relaxed in almost 9 mos but I am not natural. Anyway I did the Aphogee 2 min and really nothing changed good or bad. So I did the Aphogee 2 step followed by a DC w/ steam and my hair felt good and strong the next day Ii went into braids and to be on the safe side I am going to co wash daily, use my spray mxture 2x a day, baggie every night for a least a week then go to 3x a week, and DC w/steam 2x a week. The protein is a hard one, the braids can be drying (synthetic) so I am trying to avoid drying out my hair. I think I will be fine. LOL I will bump this thread at the end of July just to let yall know if I had a set back or not. Really hoping for the not.

Thanks for all the advise ladies. I am not "natural" I havent relaxed in almost 9 mos but I am not natural. Anyway I did the Aphogee 2 min and really nothing changed good or bad. So I did the Aphogee 2 step followed by a DC w/ steam and my hair felt good and strong the next day Ii went into braids and to be on the safe side I am going to co wash daily, use my spray mxture 2x a day, baggie every night for a least a week then go to 3x a week, and DC w/steam 2x a week. The protein is a hard one, the braids can be drying (synthetic) so I am trying to avoid drying out my hair. I think I will be fine. LOL I will bump this thread at the end of July just to let yall know if I had a set back or not. Really hoping for the not.

Oops sorry! Lol, I saw the challenges in your sig and thought you were :blush:

Back