HELPPPPPPPPPPP IM SHEDDING BADLY!!!!!!!

Halimah

LADIES
WHAT CAN I DO???????????? OK I HENNA MY HAIR MAYBE 2-3WKS AGO AND EVERYTHING WAS GOING FINE MY HAIR WAS SOFTER,SHINER AND MOIST VERY WELL :yep::yep:............NOW EVERYTIME I TAKE A WIDE TOOTH COMB TO COMB IT WHEN ITS DRY STRAND AFTER STRAND IS COMING OUT AND LONG ONES AT THAT :eek2: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO THE PRODUCTS THAT I USE EVERYDAY AND EVERY OTHER DAY ARE:

-ESS.OIL MIX WHICH INCL: ALOE,AMLA,AMLA GOLD,ALMOND,CASTOR,JOJOBA,TEATREE,MINK,VIT.E,CRESS, GRAPESEED,OLIVE AND VITIKA
-MTG
-CD HEALTY HAIR BUTTER, HAIR MILK AND TUI OIL

I OIL MY SCALP EVERY OTHER DAY AND I MOISTEN MY HAIR 2X A DAY AND I BAGGY 45 MIN A DAY.
AS FAR AS MY REGIMEN I WASH MY HAIR ONCE A WEEK AND I CO WASH ONCE A WEEK MY STAPLES ARE:

-KC HYDRATING SHAMP
-KC HEMECTO
-QUEENE HELENE CHELESTOROL
-LACIO LACIO LEAVE IN

AND I AIR DRY MY HAIR NOW I HAVE TONS OF OTHER PRODUCTS AND METHODS I DO AS WELL BUT THATS NOT THE ISSUE AT HAND
BUT THIS PROBLEM DIDNT OCCUR UNTILL AFTER I HENNA MY HAIR LIKE A WEEK LATER.WHAT IS WRONG W/MY HAIR I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM? IS IT FALLING OUT? OR SHEDDING? CAN IT BE FIXED? PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE HELP ME LADIES:crybaby:

How much is in the comb? Do you think it could just be seasonal even though it only started after the Henna?

Might try the garlic poo (worked WONDERS for me) or garlic oil in shampoo or conditioner.

Hows your scalp? Is it free from debris?

It's possible that you are just shedding. Those hairs, especially if they are long, may have reached their telogen phase. I am not a scientist or expert, so of course I don't know, just speculating. My hair started shedding a lot in 2006-2007 and I also noticed my hair hardly grew in 2006, which was my 4th year of my "grow my hair long" experiment. The hair, in different parts of my head, was coming out, strand by strand, with the little white bulb on the end. The hairs were long and healthy, with hardly any split ends. I didn't sweat it and it was only noticeable to me, when I got ready to shampoo or detangle. Do some research on the internet for the life cycle of a hair and the 3 phases: The actively growing (Anagen) phase, the transitional (Catagen) phase, and the resting (Telogen) phase. HTH!

You should determine if it is shedding or breakage. Check for white bulbs at the end. If there are white bulbs then it's shedding. If it's breakage then you have a real problem.

they're right on w. the garlic shampoo. i went out and bought the queene helene garlic shampoo that someone mentioned once on this board and i thank GOD for it. it really helped stopped the shedding. ive only used it 3 times so far and ive seen a HUGE difference.

How much is in the comb? Do you think it could just be seasonal even though it only started after the Henna?

Might try the garlic poo (worked WONDERS for me) or garlic oil in shampoo or conditioner.

Hows your scalp? Is it free from debris?

my scalp is fine and its not alot of hair in the comb but its enough I think wayyyyyyyyy to much

Hi. I found this today:

From: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-5-2005-66639.asp
* Applying too much henna.
Generally henna is great for coloring purposes, but few of the women realize that henna tends to dry your scalp. Application of henna without mixing a few oils and nutrients can weaken your hair from the roots. Dry gets brittle and you land up wondering why is it that you don't get your desired hair texture.
I've never used henna b4 but I am going to start. I'll have to do a lot of reading.

ETA: did u use pure henna or compound henna? compound henna can have negative reactions to other products, dyes/hair colours, etc.

Last edited:
It's possible that you are just shedding. Those hairs, especially if they are long, may have reached their telogen phase. I am not a scientist or expert, so of course I don't know, just speculating. My hair started shedding a lot in 2006-2007 and I also noticed my hair hardly grew in 2006, which was my 4th year of my "grow my hair long" experiment. The hair, in different parts of my head, was coming out, strand by strand, with the little white bulb on the end. The hairs were long and healthy, with hardly any split ends. I didn't sweat it and it was only noticeable to me, when I got ready to shampoo or detangle. Do some research on the internet for the life cycle of a hair and the 3 phases: The actively growing (Anagen) phase, the transitional (Catagen) phase, and the resting (Telogen) phase. HTH!

I hope your right about the phase thing and by the way your hair has come a lonnnnnnng way and its beautiful:yep::yep:

Hi. I found this today:

From: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-5-2005-66639.asp
I've never used henna b4 but I am going to start. I'll have to do a lot of reading.

ETA: did u use pure henna or compound henna? compound henna can have negative reactions to other products, dyes/hair colours, etc.

this may be the answer my henna I used was a compound and I use it over my blonde that was growing out :shocked: so where do I go from here ladies I am definitly going to get some garlic oil and put it in my shampoo today. Thats one good thing about Egypt it is the norm for the pharmacy to have alllllllllllllllllllllllll the essential oils in them and the pahrmacy is right below my apartment:grin:

:blowkiss:Thanks for all the responses, but I think I resolved the problem I think it was b/c it was a compound henna and I used it over my blonde which did cover beautifully by the way so I am just gonna get some garlic oil for now but question its time for a relaxer if I do it now will it make matters worst???? And another salution is when I visit my hometown Philly in Apr-May I will be sure to be at the shop every week :yep::yep: so to all the ladies who help me Thanks again :urock:

Back