HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinascott

Help,

Okay, I am on the hide your hair until x-mas challenge and I am josen bad for a Doobie. I feel like a crackhead with no crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started this challenge on June 25th. and I'm struggling. "Hi my name is Kina and I'm an addict!" :) Let me tell yall the first time I washed my own hair in about 3 years was 3 weeks ago. I have been wearing a bun for the last 3 weeks and I am so tired of it already! I have never been one to wear my hair up or just back. I always wore it down. Why I don't know. I am not used to looking at me with this bun thing going on(the bun is cute) PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!! THANK GOD THE DOOBIE SHOP IS CLOSED TODAY :) :).

I am thanking you all in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't give up. I know it's hard but have you thought about getting braids or wearing a phony ponie? Maybe this will help you fight the urge to wear your hear down.:)

Get some hairsticks and other hair ornaments to perk it up for you. That's what keeps the bun fun (pun intended!) for me . . .

Girl, try wearing one for almost 3 years like I've been( 99% of the time) . I started this challenge after a weave disaster and chopping off over 12 inches of hair. Just think about how much length you will gain and how healthy your hair will look when you finish this challenge and that will get you through. You could also trying changing up with a French roll with a front swoop or upsweep.Good luck and keep the faith.

Whenever I get tired of wearing my hair up I go through my inspirational albums of the ladies on here. Somehow this really helps me to realize that the end result is much more rewarding than a quick fix. This really does sound like AA. And I agree with dressing up your bun. Right now I am contemplating bunning up for a year! It sounds hard but I've purchased a calendar and somehow putting an X through the days helps. I've been clean for a month and some weeks. :lol: Give us an update.

Thanks guys for the encouragement feels like I can go a little bit further. I need to visit my local BSS, to get some things. This board is the best!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to agree with the some of what has been said. I've been wearing my hair up just about every day for over a year now. It can get boring. But I have seen the results and it's definitely been worth it. Just think of the end result and hang in there. I also want to agree with the idea to use hair accessories. After a while, you might surprise yourself with the variation you can come up with.

Hang in there, sis. It will so be worth at the end, when you get that fresh relaxer in December and look at all that long, luxurious new growth. :p

kinascott said:
Thanks guys for the encouragement feels like I can go a little bit further. I need to visit my local BSS, to get some things. This board is the best!!!!!!!!!!

So you went from fighting off a doobie addiction to starting up a PJ addiction? :lol: j/k

CandiceC said:
So you went from fighting off a doobie addiction to starting up a PJ addiction? :lol: j/k

:lol: :lol:

But it will be okay, hang in there....

Try doing ya bun differently...Side, Up, Back, Phony ponies.....

*ElleB said:
:lol: :lol:

But it will be okay, hang in there....

Try doing ya bun differently...Side, Up, Back, Phony ponies.....

Thanks ElleB, I did some up twist around and pin down to the side this morning.(go Kina) It must have been kinda cute my husband and daughter gave a comment.(keep in mind they are not morning people :()

punchinella said:
I'm sorry but what is a doobie?:perplexed

A doobie is wrap by the dominicans.
Its first set on rollers, then you sit under the dryer, then they wrap around the head and pin (bobby pins). It comes out really nice and full and bouncy. They put very little product in your head unless you bring your own, then watch out :)

Back