HELP!!!!

shetara20

Cant seem to get past chin length(neck length) any suggestions?? I wash and deep condition my hair every 2 weeks and i barely see any growth.:wallbash:(remember Ima Newbie!!):yep:

I was talkin to my friend today explaining what i use on my hair and apparently im i am using the wrong products!!:wallbash:
I usually wash my hair with dr. miracles 2-in one shampoo and conditoner then i deep condtion with pantene conditoner then put motions oil moisturizer in hair and tie it up. She told me that mineral oil is bad for our hair. I just need to find new products for my hair to keep it moisturized!Any suggestions. I plan not to straighten or use heat on my hair for the rest of the summer just to see if my hair is dranstically affected by heat.

I know I need some serious help yall but that why i am on here! To get help and support!!!!

Deep conditiong with pantene:ohwell: Try something else like Keracare, Mizani etc. I think most people co-wash with Pantene not deep condition. Motions:ohwell: Try elasta qp mango butter for moisture. I think motions sucks:nono: Mineral oil is not that bad, its the large amount of use is bad. Cones can be bad for you hair too and Pantene has alot of cones How many times do you moisturize during the week? Do you clarify? Do you know your hair type? What oils do you use? I think I should adopt you lol

Last edited:
The key question is... how are your wearing your hair. If your constantly wearing it down. You can try protective styles for a while. And also a watched pot never boils. Are you relaxed or are you natural?

Hair always grows. How are you holding on to your length, especially the ends. You wont see any length if your ends are constantly breaking off.

You mentioned that your at the chin level. From chin to shoulder. The length of your hair is at its most fragile state because thats the easiest place that your hair can grab on..rub..which can cause breakage at the ends.

Deep conditiong with pantene:ohwell: Try something else like Keracare, Mizani etc. I think most people co-wash with Pantene not deep condition. Motions:ohwell: Try elasta qp for moisture. I think motions sucks:nono: Mineral oil is not that bad, its the large amount of use is bad. Cones can be bad for you hair too and Pantene has alot of cones? How many times do you moisturize during the week? Do you clarify?

i try to moisturize everyday.Clarify??? meanin?? Half of the terms used on this site such as siggy, clarify, and prepoo i dont fully understand what they mean. I just need the right products with the right regimen and ill be good to go but the problem is that everyone is different but i am really having a rough start.

The key question is... how are your wearing your hair. If your constantly wearing it down. You can try protective styles for a while. And also a watched pot never boils. Are you relaxed or are you natural?

Hair always grows. How are you holding on to your length, especially the ends. You wont see any length if your ends are constantly breaking off.

You mentioned that your at the chin level. From chin to shoulder. The length of your hair is at its most fragile state because thats the easiest place that your hair can grab on..rub..which can cause breakage in the end.
Actually chin length is fast growing it the SL and APL the really rubs on clothes and other hard things. If she is chin lenght I dont think she can realy bun with her own hair.

i try to moisturize everyday.Clarify??? meanin?? Half of the terms used on this site such as siggy, clarify, and prepoo i dont fully understand what they mean. I just need the right products with the right regimen and ill be good to go but the problem is that everyone is different but i am really having a rough start.
What is clarifying? Clarifying is when you remove product build up on you hair such as cones and minerals. Clarifying is good for hair because if you have alot of build up moisture can not reach your hair leaving it dry. Dryness leads to breaking. There are alot of ways you can clarify with shampoo conditioners, baking soda. AVC washed........Pm me with all your question

You mentioned that your at the chin level. From chin to shoulder. The length of your hair is at its most fragile state because thats the easiest place that your hair can grab on..rub..which can cause breakage at the ends.

I am at the breaking point where my hair can easily break off due to rubbing on fabrics ect. I just need important tips to get past that point. i am about 8 weeks post my last relaxer and i will not relax until i go back to school in the end of august. I wear my hair pulled back with a hair pin. I try to moisturize my ends and i barely wear my hair down unless im goin somewhere important. I havent put heat in my hair since May 29th. Im tryin not to use heat unless I have to.

I am at the breaking point where my hair can easily break off due to rubbing on fabrics ect. I just need important tips to get past that point. i am about 8 weeks post my last relaxer and i will not relax until i go back to school in the end of august. I wear my hair pulled back with a hair pin. I try to moisturize my ends and i barely wear my hair down unless im goin somewhere important. I havent put heat in my hair since May 29th. Im tryin not to use heat unless I have to.
Sounds like you need protein. Have you had a protein treatment yet?:yep: Heat isnt good for hair but it doesnt mean no heat works for everyone. Some peoples hair strive off of heat some dont. You just have to find out what you hair like and dislikes

Sounds like you need protein. Have you had a protein treatment yet?:yep: Heat isnt good for hair but it doesnt mean no heat works for everyone. Some peoples hair strive off of heat some dont. You just have to find out what you hair like and dislikes

whats a protein treatment????

Back